Chapter Forty Five..

Author's Note..

Hey guys.. I didn't realise until now but this is the last chapter of 'Is This Love' -Cries-..

I hope you think it's worth it.. I'm so, so Sorry that it is such short notice..

#Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam's P.O.V..

I could hear Daryl's soft voice around the room in the dark, knowing it was time for him to leave, I peeled my eyes open and rolled over to find him.

"Daddy's going to miss you, princess." He whispered, picking Maci up from her crib and cradling her in his arms. "I promise I'll be back soon though." He added, his voice cracking slightly at the end of his words.

I stretched my arms out fully, yawning in the process which made Daryl turn around to face me.

"I'm going to miss you too." He whispered, sitting down next to me and kissing my forehead.

"Not as much as we're going to miss you." I responded, wrapping my arms around his body and burying my head in to his chest. I didn't want him to go, I couldn't run the risk of possibly losing him and not ever knowing what happened.

I let a few tears slip down my cheeks and he immediately tightened his grip on me, making me look up at him.

"Please don't cry.. I'll be back before you know it." Daryl soothed, rubbing my back before placing a now sleeping Maci back in to her crib.

"Yeah.." I said, trying to sound confident but it came out shaky. The one thing I always hated was goodbyes and this has to be one of the hardest yet.

I could see that Daryl had something to say but it looked like he didn't know how to bring it up the subject.

"What's wrong?" I questioned, the tears slowly stopping.

"If.. If this place falls and I'm not here.. I want you to get out okay?" He started. "I already have everything you will need placed in the RV... Merle and Dale know where to go, I just need my family to be safe." He added in a whisper and I just nodded reluctantly.

I felt Daryl hand slowly reach up to my face and his thumb started to wipe away the tears under my eyes.

"I'll wait here until you fall asleep." He said quietly, laying me down beside him and wrapping his arms around me. I pushed my head and pressed my lips to his in a long and loving kiss, before resting my head on his chest.

"I Love You Dixon." I whispered.

"I Love You too Sam." Daryl replied, tightening his grip on my waist.

I could feel the sleep taking over me and everything started to go black as I slowly drifted off.

~~~

That conversation was a few days ago, maybe a week and each day that was going by I was getting more and more worried.

"Daryl's going to be fine Sam.. You need to stop worrying." Dale assured me, as if he had just read my thoughts.

"I can't Dale.. What if something goes wrong?" I asked, watching the sun come up with Maci wrapped up in my arms.

I finished making her bottle before sitting back next to Dale and he just gave me a small smile.

"You've just got to believe in him Sam.. Has Daryl ever broken his promise before?" He asked quietly. All I could do was shake my head in reply, I knew he was right but I just couldn't stop the worry.