Chapter Seventeen

Sam's P.O.V..

"I'm listening Samii." Harry whispered. I watched him move over to the side of the bed that me and Daryl were on, Daryl got up and went around to the other side of the bed and sat down leaning his back against the headboard. I followed suit and rested my back against my side of the headboard and I placed Harry between us.

"Well Harry, A little under 7 years ago I had to leave home. I left my mom and dad and I went to live in my old flat across from where you used to live, remember?" I asked. Harry looked up at me with a small smile and nodded his head.

"Yeah Samii, I liked living by you."

"Well when I first moved in I had a baby growing in my belly." I whispered as I placed my hand lightly over my stomach.

I looked up at Daryl and he gave me a slight smile as he nodded for me to carry on.

"What happened to your baby?" Harry asked with a confused expression on his face.

"I was young, too young to look after a baby, I couldn't even look after myself properly. That's when I met your mam and dad, I decided to give my baby to them, I knew they could provide a better life for the baby." I said slowly.

"Your mom had a problem inside her bell which stopped her having babies of her own.." I started.

I was cut off from finishing my sentence by an even more confused Harry.

"But mom had me, I was her baby." He whispered softly whilst shifting closer to me. I wrapped my arm around his waist and pulled him in to my side.

"That's just it Harry, you didn't grow in her belly you grew in mine. I'm your real birth mom." I whispered.

"Then why did I have to call her mom and not you?" He asked quietly looking me in the eye.

"I don't know." I said quietly before quickly getting up and going in to the bathroom and locking the door behind me.

Daryl's P.O.V..

I watched Sam get up quickly and practically run to the bathroom, I heard the click of the lock and Harry shifted over to me and gripped on to my shirt.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked, I didn't think I would be left to explain anything to him, but he needed to understand what was going on.

"No you didn't do anything wrong. Now Harry do you understand what you just heard?" I questioned.

"Yeah... Samii is my mom right? Why did she give me away? Did she love me?" I watched Harry closely as I tried to think about my answer.

I shifted slightly  and dropped to one knee beside the bed so I could look him in the eye.

"Harry, of course she loved you, Sam still loves you and she always will love you okay? Sam was thinking of you when she gave you away, she thought you deserved better than what she could give you." I whispered.

"Okay."  Harry nodded. "Do I need to call Sam.. uhh mom now?" He questioned.

"That's up to you little man." I said whilst squeezing his shoulder and getting up to walk towards the bathroom.

I reached for the handle and raised my hand to knock the door.

"Daryl?" I turned around to see Harry wrapped up in the blanket.