Chapter Twenty Six

Sam's P.O.V..

I watched Daryl storm out of the cabin and he quickly climbed up to the RV, I looked back towards the door and Dale walked quickly out and followed Daryl. I could barely hear them talking from where I was standing, I walked slightly closer but it was no use, I couldn't understand a word they said.

I decided to go back to Harry when I heard the door creek open and Darren came slowly out of the cabin.

"Let's have a look at this work then." Darren said as he got to the table.

"Here you go." Harry said smiling up ay him. I watched closely as he looked over the sheet and he let out a slight chuckle and smiled down at Harry.

"It's Pefect." He said nodding his head. "Well done young man." Darren praised as he walked back to the cabin.

I followed him with my eyes before looking back to Harry and Carl who sat at the table infront of me.

"You two stay where Dale can see you, okay?" I asked looking between them.

"Yeah." They both said in unison before i headed towards the house. I wanted to get to know Darren, he seemed to be a person I could get on with and it would be nice to have someone new to talk too.

I pushed the door shut behind me and jumped when Darren popped his head around the kitchen door.

"Hey you." He said as he made his way in to the living area.

"Hey." I replied quietly.

"You looking for anything or anyone in particular?" He asked whilst sitting on the old couch.

"Not really." I sighed as I slumped down next to him. "Just fancied a chat to be honest." I admitted.

Darren nodded and rested his arm on the back of couch.

"Can I asked you something first?" He questioned.

"Yeah. Fire away." I said with a slight smile on my lips.

"What's the deal with.. with uhh.. You and Daryl." He asked slightly stuttering. I looked Darren in the eye and sighed, I didn't know how to answer a question like that because I honestly didn't know what the deal was with us two.

"There is no 'deal' with us two." I lied quietly looking down at my hands in my lap. I lied because I didn't want to admit that I was still in Love with a man that didn't Love me back.

I watched the smile creep on to Darren's face as I raised my eyes slowly.

"Good." He said really quietly as he placed a finger under my chin. "You really are beautiful." He added as he raised my head slightly. I could feel myself leaning away from him and more in to the couch as he stared directly at me.

"Thank You." I barely whispered looking down slightly. I felt awkward as he cupped my cheek and let his hand linger by my face for a few moment.

I silently hoped that maybe Carol or Lori would come in to the room and interupt him so nothing could happen.

"I liked you ever since I clapped eyes on you." He whispered. "I know it's only been a day but I suppose you have to take chances in a world like this." He added before dropping his hand and smiling.

"Wh.. Wha.. What are you.. uhh doing?"  I stuttered quietly as he leaned closer to my face.

"Nothing." He said quietly closing his eyes. " Let's just enjoy this." He said as he pushed his lips on to mine.

I gasped and tried to push him away, I found it difficult as I pushed my hand against his chest. as hard as I could.

"No." I tried shouting against his lips as I managed to push him away. I heard the door slam shut and I jumped back in to my seat and brought my knees to my chest. I turned my head slightly to see Daryl tensed up with anger in his eyes as Darren came closer and pulled his arm around me.