Chapter Thirty Five

Sam's P.O.V..

We arrived all to quickly at some worn out looking buildings, finally coming to a stop. Hershel let his window down as Rick climbed out of the car heading towards Daryl as he signalled us to stay there.

"You okay back there?" Hershl questioned, pulling the gun up ready for any trouble.

"Yeah I'm fine, just want to get this over with." I stated calmly, watching Rick and Daryl head off around the corner. "Well, well. Aren't you full of surprises." I added as I popped my hesd over the seat to see Hershel with weapons strapped to his leg.

"I don't trust him Sam. If anything goes down here, we need to put up a fight." He answered, raising his gun once again.

I smiled and slouched back in my seat, I knew there was a chance that something could happen but we had to stay calm.

"There's Daryl." I said pointing out the window as he got to the car.

"He's already in there, sat down with Rick." Daryl stated as Hershel popped his head out of the window.

"I don't see any cars." Hershel replied, looking aroung the field.

"It don't feel right." Both Daryl and I said truthfully at the same time. A small smile crossed both our faces but it was soon gone when a truck came down towards our car at some speed.

I hesitated before pushing the door open watching Daryl raise his croosbow.

"What the hell, why is your boy already in there?" Daryl asked as four doors opened, meaning there were four people.

"He's here?" Andrea sort of questioned looking over to one of the guys.

"Yep."I stated smoothly, witch caused Andrea to huff and pull open the door to the building that Rick and the Governor were in. This left us outside with a tanned and muscled man, a man with glasses but the other person was yet to appear near us.

I shook my head in shock when he finally rounded the corner meeting my gaze.

"Darren?" I gasped in question and he nodded his head.

"The one and only." He answered triumphuntly, stepping closer to me. Daryl moved forward and stood protectively infront of me as if he was warning Darren off.

"Maybe I should go inside." Hershel said, thankfully breaking the tension that was building up around us.

There was a short pause before the man with glasses looked up.

"The Governor thought it best if he and Rick spoke privately." He stated before scribbling something down on a piece of paper.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked peering over Daryl's shoulder, the guy straightened up and looked me in the eye.

"Milton ..Mamet." He spoke quietly.

"Great he brought his butler." Daryl grunted, gaining a chuckle from the other tanned man as he turned around to face me.

"I'm his advisor." He stated, still writing in his notepad.

I was growing more curious by the second as to what he was writing in there but Daryl interrupted my thoughts.

"What kind of advice?" He shot back.

"Planning and biters.. uhh Yeah I'm sorry I don't feel I need to explain myself to the henchman." He answered back and I could see Daryl tense from behind.

"You better watch your mouth sunshine." He growled but the tanned man was quick to step in.

"Look if you and I are going to be out here pointing guns at eachother all day, Do me a favour? Shut your mouth." He said, speaking directly at Daryl.