Chapter Thirteen

Sam's P.O.V..

I lay at the back of the RV for what seemed like hours just thinking about how Dale could have know I was Harry's mother, I tried everything to hidr it from everyone especially Daryl. I really didn't know how to feel at the moment, I couldn't tell Harry I was his mother could I? In a world like this I can't go against everything he has ever known.

I slowly stood up and made my way down to the small lake that Daryl and Harry were at just a few hours ago. I sat down and let my thoughts take over once again.

*FLASHBACK*

"The next push and you can meet your little boy. 1.. 2.. 3.. PUSH!" The nurse said whilst gently pulling my little boy to my line of sight. I gasped at the sight and slowly sank back in to the bed and starting to relax. After a 15 hour labour all I wanted to do was go to sleep and never wake up knowing that I would have to give my baby away in just a few hours.

"Here you go love, Have a hold of your little boy." The young nurse in training offered whilst placing the most beautiful little bundle of joy in to my arms. Being only 15 having my first child meant that I would have to give him up, I had no family to help bring him up so adoption was my only option.

Luckily for me, when I moved away from my parents at the age of 15 I moved it to a small flat which had a lovely big house across the way. After a couple of weeks of being at the flat I got to know the couple living in the house across from me and they had been telling me how much they wanted a child but they xould never have one naturally. This couple came to be like parents to me, so in return I decided that they could adopt my baby. It seemed the right thing to do at the time, they had a big house with a garden, they were happily married and they both had high paying jobs. That is the life I could never give this little boy.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the nurse came back in to the room.
"Is there anyone we can phone for you Sam?"
"Yes please, could you phone Mr and Mrs Smith please? The number is over there." I practicall whispered whilst pointing to my bedside cabinet. The nurse quickly picked up the piece of paper and went to the door, but stopped as she reached for the handle.
"Who are Mr and Mrs Smith? If you don't mind me asking." She said whilst turning around to face me.
"His parents." I said whilst looking down to avoid her gaze so she wouldn't see the tears forming in my eyes.

* END OF FLASHBACK *

I slowly began to pull my knees to my chest and let the tears flow down my face as I rested my face against my knee. On top of all my past emotions I was stuck in world with flesh eating monsters that we call walkers but all I could think about was Daryl. I knew I had feelings for him but in a world like this feeling could either make or break you.

I could feel someone sit down with quite a force next to me and I knew it was Daryl.

"You shouldn't be out here with no protection, damn woman." Daryl almost shouted from beside me.

"Please Daryl, Please not now." I barely whispered trying to hold back the sobs. I couldn't hold back the sobs anymore and I just broke down beside Daryl.

I slowly slid myself across the grass away from Daryl and sank in to the side of a tree just so I could get as far away from him as possible in this situation.

"Sam I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." He apologised whilst moving just inches away from me. Daryl moved his hand up and placed it on my shoulder, I flinched at his touch and sank further in to the tree. He must have felt me flinch as he quickly jerked his hand back and tensed up not knowing what to do in this situation.