Chapter Twenty Three

Sam's P.O.V..

"He's not in the clear just yet." Hershel stated simply before leaving the room and closing the door.

"He's not in the clear." I repeated over anr over until Daryl wrapped his arms around my waist and placed his head on top of mine.

"He's going to get through this Sam." Daryl  whispered and I just shook my head.

"Stop saying that. I need to expect the worse not be filled with false hope." I said raising my voice.

I removed my hands from Daryl's chest and tried to pull away from him but he grabbed my shoulders forcing me to look at him.

"It's not false hope. That boy is your family, if he is anything like you then he will pull through this. You're a fighter Sam and he is too." Daryl soothed as he rubbed circles with his thumb on my shoulder.

"I know." I said quietly with defeat clear in my voice.

I felt Daryl lift his weight off my shoulders and he cupped my face in his hands.

"I Love You Sam. I Love the both of you." Daryl whispered as he connected our lips for a brief moment. I paused for a few minutes until I saw the flash of panic go through Daryl's eyes as he dropped his hands. I slowly moved my hands to his side and intertwined our fingers as I pushed my forehead against his.

"I Love You too." I barely whispered. Relief was clear across Daryl's face as he gave my hands a gentle squeeze and I let out a happy sigh leaning in to him.

I pushed myself away from his body after a few moments and went towards Harry's bed and pulled the blankets back.

"Can you go and get him?" I asked him quietly setting the blankets down.

"If that's what you want." He replied as he pulled the door open. I waited for what seemed like forever even though it was just a few minutes before Daryl finally came through the door with Harry in his arms.

"Finally." I muttered before getting up off the double bed.

I stood next to the bed as Daryl carefully placed him down and covered his body with the blankets.

"Hey little man." I whispered even though he was sleeping. I sat down on one side of the small bed and Daryl sat down on the other side. "How are you doing? I've been worried about you, we all have." I said finishing my sentance.

I felt myself wrapping his hand up in mine and Daryl reached over wrapping his hands around both mine and Harry's before removing them leaving us have a moment.

"Now you listen here my good boy, you better not be thinking of giving up on me. I'm not letting you get away from me that easily." I whispered giving his hand a light squeeze in mine.

I closed my eyes and dropped my head until Harr began to stir, I shot my eyes open and looked down at him.

"Mom." He managed to croak out. Daryl reached for the glass of water and held it out for him to take a sip.

"I'm here Sweetie. I'm here." I said whispering the last part.

"Mom, I'm not giving up." He whispered and I let out a slight chuckle.

Daryl smiled up at me and got up ready to leave and give us some time together.

"Don't go Daryl." Harry said gripping his hand tightly.

"Okay buddy. How are you feeling?" Daryl asked whilst sitting back on the bed.

"Better now."Harry whispered looking up at Daryl.