Chapter Thirty Nine

Sam's P.O.V..

It was silent between us and I could see the panic spreading across Daryl's face.

"I.. I.. Don't know... what to say.." I whispered, looking down at the ground. I let a few tears fall to the floor but Daryl's hand gently lifted my head and wiped them away.

"I Love You Sam.. I promise I won't let anything happen to you.. either of you." He said softly, shifting closer to me on his knee and resting his hand on my stomach. It was right now, in this moment that I knew what I really wanted. It didn't matter how scared I was inside, I knew that what was about to happen would make me the happiest girl alive and it would finally complete our family.

I finally locked my eyes with his and rested my hand over his on my stomach.

"I Love You too.." I whispered with a small smile on my face. Daryl looked up still holding the small box towards me and cleared his throat.

"Is.. Is that.. A.. A yes?" He stuttered, his voice full of nerves. I nodded my head slowly and squeezed his hand.

"Yes.. Of course it's a yes." I whispered, looking down at our joint hands on my stomach.

I watched Daryl pull his and out of mine, I was suddenly tackled in to a hug and lifted off my feet.

"You really mean it?" He asked quietly in my ear. I nodded my head slowly, wrapping my legs around his waist, before I felt myself being spun slowly around. "I Love You so much!" He whispered, slowly coming to a stop.

"I Love Y..." I attempted to say but Daryl softly pushed his lips on to mine. It was a gentle kiss but so passionate at the same time, I reluctantly pulled away and rested my forehead against his.

We both let out a chuckle and he placed me back on my feet.

"We should get inside.. It's getting late." I whispered, trying to pull away from him.

"Wait.." He said as he pulled me back in to him and flipped the small box back open. "Perfect." He added, slipping the ring on to my left hand.

"It's Beautiful." I whispered and lifted my hand up to admire it.

We both started to walk towards the prison but once again I felt myself being lifted bridal style in to Daryl's arms.

"Really?" I chuckled, arching an eyebrow as he carried me through the door.

"Yep.." He laughed whilst popping the 'p'. I rested my head in to the crook of his neck, feeling comfortable in his arms. The whole prison was silent except for the sound of Daryl's light footsteps as we made our  way up the steps and in to our cell.

"Home sweet home." I sighed when I felt the soft mattress underneath my back.

The bed sunk beside me and soon I felt those muscular arms snake around my waist once again.

"How do you want to do this?" Daryl asked quietly, resting his head on top of mine.

"What do you mean?" I yawned.

"We could.. uhh.. get Hershel to do a simple service or umm.." He replied, trying to think of different ways we could attempt to make this official but I cut him off.

"How about we skip to the part where you kiss me?" I asked as I tilted my head back to look at him with an arched eyebrow.

"Anything for you..." He paused. "Mrs Dixon." He added in a whisper before gently placing his lips on to mine.

This kiss was perfect and it was the first kiss we shared as a 'married couple'.

"I Love You." I whispered, reluctantly pulling away from his soft lips.