Chapter Thirty Three

Sam's P.O.V..

I felt myself being lifted off the ground after what felt like hours crying, I looked up to see Rick as he gently placed me in the car.

"I'm Sorry." He whispered before closing the door and looking at this woman.

"We'll patch you up and then you are gone." He yelled before walking around the car and jumping in the driver's seat.

I sighed and slid myself in to the middle seat as Maggie and the new woman climbed in either side of me.

"You okay?" Maggie asked quietly as Rick started the car. I nodded in reply I couldn't speak, I couldn't believe he was gone and I would never see him again. I closed my eyes and rested my head against the seat until I heard the familiar voice with music playing in the background.

" Now the sky, it shines a different kind of blue

  And the neighbor's dog don't bark like he   used to

  Well, me, these days

  I just miss you - It's the nights that I go   insane

  Unless you're coming back

  For me, that's one thing I know that won't   change

It's hard, so hard -

It's tearing out my heart

It's hard letting you go." The song played and I felt myself hurting even more than before.

" Now some tarot card sha..." The song started to continue but I shot forward and turned the whole system off.

I sat back in my seat and all eyes turned to me, but I closed my eyes and ignored them.

"I'm.. I'm Sorry Sam. I borrowed some CD's from.. uh Daryl's truck.. I wasn't thinki.." Glenn stuttered but I held up my hand.

"It's fine. You weren't to know he would just leave." I said quietly. I felt the car stop and when I looked  up there was another car in the middle of he road blocking our route back to the prison.

I went to slide out of the car to help when Glenn grabbed my wrist.

"We'll be fine. You stay here." He ordered. I sunk back in to my seat and watched Maggie, Rick and Glenn make their way to the abandoned car.

"I'm Michonne." The mysterious woman said quickly.

"Sam." I stated simply before looking from her face to the floor.  The car fell silent as I looked on out the window hoping that the others would be done soon.

I watched Glenn pull a walker out of the car and he started to violently stamp on it's head until there was nothing left.

"I'm Sorry about him leaving." Michonne mumbled causing me to pull my eyes away from the scene infront of me.

"Like I said, It's nobody's fault." I said, barely whispering and she nodded. It was true, it's not like anybody could have stopped him right? I just had to deal with it.

The car doors slammed pulling me out of my thoughts as Rick started the car again. The rest of the car journey was in an awkward silence, we finally pulled up outside the prison gates and Carol flung them open. I was so happy to see her alive after all that had happened today, atleast one good thing came out of it.

I slowly climbed out if the car with Rick as the others drove up to the prison.

"Where's Daryl?" Carol asked panicked.