Chapter Ten

Author's Note..

So guys, I finally reached 300 reads! I know it may not sound much but to me it is Awesome!

This is my first Fan Fiction and I wasn't even expecting 10 people to read it so, Thank You so much!

What do you think is going to happen? Read below to find out ;)!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daryl's P.O.V..

Here I am, making my way through the woods in the middle of the night just because Harry interupted my sentance. That kid means a lot to me, I honestly like spending time with him but he doesn't pick his moments very well. Everytime I try and talk to Sam he chooses to wake up, come in to the room or just start talking to her. I'm going to give up, I never have expressed anything that I feel to anyone, It's not like I'm head over heels for Sam it's just she makes me feel different, I have spoken more to her in the short time that we have spent together than the rest of the group that I have been with for about 8 months.

I was brought out of my thought when I stepped on to the highway, I could see the rest of the group talking about something so I decided to go and investigate.

"What y'all shoutin' about?" I asked whilst raising my voice a little so they could hear me from a distance.

"A herd, passed by not long after you left. Two stray walkers chased after Sophia." Andrea said whilst stepping back a little.

"They... chased after.. My Baby." Carol sobbed with tears running down her face. I couldn't help but feel sorry for her, Carol was the only one other than Sam that I had a slight connection with, she was like a sister to me. No mother should have to go through the things she has.

"Lori, Rick, Shane and Carl are at a farm just up ahead, Carl's been shot." T-Dog said whilst holding his arm covered in blood.

"I know, Sam and Harry are there too. We found that place just after leaving you guys." I said whilst nodding at the whole group. I looked to the group and I knew I had to make the decision of what to do next.

"Y'all need to head to the farm, it's safe there." I said, looking at each member of the group.

"I'm not leaving, my little girl is out there all alone." Carol stated, sounding a lot more confident than before.

"If Carol stays then we all stay." Andrea said whilst stepping to face me.

"No. I need you and Glenn to get T-Dog to the farm now. That arm looks infected, Dale and I will stay here with Carol. If Sophia comes back we'll be right behind you." I reasoned whilst easing them towards the cars. This was the only way I could stay away from Sam and do something useful at the same time.

A couple of hours went by but there was no sign of Sophia, Dale decided to keep watch while me a Carol tried to get some rest. I lay on the floor in the RV as Carol sat up against on of the seats crying. I listened to her sobs for a while before deciding it was time to do a search for Sophia because I wasn't going to sleep anytime soon.

I stood up whilst grabbing my crossbow and my gun, just incase there was any trouble out there.

"I'm gonna look for the girl" I called, whilst turning to face Carol on her seat, I nodded my head at her and set off in to the darkness of the woods. Not long after walking through the woods did I come across a walker hanging from a tree with a note left by it's feet.

'Got bit,

Fever hit,

World gone to shit,

Might aswell quit'

He was just hanging there all gnawed on by walkers that have passed by recently. I looked up at it before taking it down, I aimed my crossbow with little effort and put an arrow straight through it's eye. Even though it was a waste of an arrow, it felt good to release some of the tension and feelings building up inside me. I started to make my way back on to the highway after that, it was no use trying to track Sophia in the dark, messing with a trail and going around in circles.

I wandered slowly down the highway towards the RV when I noticed Carol climbing down from the top and running through the door. This was tough in her, Carol had been through alot more than most people in the group and I think she deserves to be atleast a little but happy.

"Daryl, Get some rest, we will pick up the trail in the morning!" Dale said whilst placing his gun against his knee. I nodded at him and climbed in to the RV to get some rest ready for the morning, I knew tomorrow after tracking Sophia I would have to face Sam and Harry. I needed an excuse for just dissapearing like that without explanation.

Sam's P.O.V..

I awoke to a silent room, Harry was sleeping at the bottom of my bed in a ball and Daryl was still yet to return from his earlier departure. I looked outside and the sun was just rising, it was early morning. Had Daryl been back last night? Is he okay? Why did he leave? These questions kept running through my head over and over again all morning as I watched the sun rise and time just moved on.

I couldn't move more than a couple of inches without some sort of pain rushing throughout my whole body. I couldn't use my legs for a couple of weeks according to Hershel which meant I would be stuck in bed for quite a while. I tried to slowly lift my left leg but when I moved it slightly I felt like something had ripped my leg in half. I looked down and I could see that the bed sheets were going from a cream colour to crimson red.

"Harry! Harry, can you go and get Hershel please?" I winced as the pain became inbearable. Harry immediately jumped off the bed and ran full speed through the house. I waited impatiently for Hershel to come and sort this out, I looked up as Hershel and some other woman came rushing in to the room, arms filled with medical supplies. Hershel rolled me over and lifted the sheet full of blood off me so he could access my leg. I tried to look away and ignore the pain but all I could see was black dots as the pain got worse. My eyelids became heavy as I fought to keep them open.

"Samii don't leave me. Don't leave again.Don't close your eyes. I love you Samii." Harry wept as he moved my hair out of my eyes. I tried my hardest to keep my eyes from shutting but my eyelids became to heavy and my eyes just shut. I was left in complete darkness once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note..

- I know it isn't the longest chapter but I just wanted to updat because you guys are just so Amazing!

- I have gone The Walking Dead crazy lately. I just can't wait! 7 more days!!! Wooooo.

~~So guys here are some questions.~~

- Do you think Daryl is over reacting?
- How will Sam recover?
- Will she slip back in to a slight coma?
- Will I keep Sophia alive?

The questions should keep you guys going! Predictions please?? Answer them as comments?

As always - Vote, Fan, Follow and Comment!

I love you all!
Keep it real Normanites!!