Chapter Twelve

Daryl's P.O.V..

"No ifs and buts Daryl. You go and apologise and you do it now. I want nothing to do with you until you apologise for what you have done. Harry looks up to you, he is a young boy growing up in a sick world like this. The monsters are supposed to be outside of the group, not on the inside." Sam yelled in my face before slowly limping back towards the farm house.

"The monsters are supposed to be outside of the group, not on the inside." That last sentance was on repeat in my head from the moment Sam left me on my own in my own camp. I tried to sleep but it just didn't happen, I lay there awake all night just thinking about how stupid I had been. Even though me and Sam are not talking at the moment it was great to see her awake and walking about, every day when she was in a coma I would sit on the bed with her and just pray that she would wake up for me.

It was now morning and I decided it was time to get out of the tent and grab some breakfast before trying to sort things out with Sam and Carol. I stepped out if my tent and was greeted by the smell of food and I could see everyone sitting around the camp fire. They are not the ones that caught my eye though, I could see Sam hand Harry walking out of the house and a smile instantly crossed my face at seeing them back together again.

"Hey little man." I said whilst making my way towards both Sam and Harry.

"Hey Da.."

"Come on Harry. Let's go." Sam said completely cutting Harry off from speaking to me. I watched as the walked away towards the RV and went inside after grabbing something small to eat. I grabbed my plate and made my way towards my little camo area away from the reat of them.

Sam's P.O.V..

I quickly finished my food and stood up to take my plate back to the camp.

"Harry, I want you to stay where Dale can see you okay?" I said whilst stopping at the RV door.

"Okay Samii, Where are you going?" He said in between a mouth full of food.

"I'm going to see if I can take a shower, I won't be long." I said whilat exiting the RV and climbing up the ladder to see Dale. I stopped at the the top of the ladder and Dale gave me a small smile.

"What's up Sam?" Dale questioned whilst shifting slightly in his chair.

"I'm going to take a shower, could you keep an eye on Harry please. Make sure he stays out of trouble." Dale nodded as a response and I quickly made my way towards the house to speak to Hershel. I couldn't find him anywhere but I came across Maggie in the kitchen who was washing the dishes.

"Hey, umm could I take a shower please? It's just I haven't cleaned up since my accident." I practically whispered.

"Ofcourse you can it's just upstairs on the right." She smiled and pointed towards the stairs.

I took a fairly quick shower and made my way back in to the yard after putting fresh clothes on and brushing my hair. I looked around the camp and couldn't see Harry anywhere so I made my way in to the RV to see if he was in there.

"Harry, Shall we go for.." I stopped in my tracks when I realised the RV was empty. I ran outside and quickly rushed up the ladder on the RV and scrambled over to dale.

"Where's Harry" I said whilst panting.

"He's fine, Daryl took him over there for some time away from camp." Dale said pointing to the two figures in the distance. I went to go back down the ladder and get Harry away from Daryl when Dale began to speak.

"Sam, Leave him. They're both enjoying each others company." Dale said whilst gesturing for me to go and sit next to him. I climbed back on to the RV and sat down by the side of him and placing my head against him knee.

After a few minutes silence i decided to tell Dale the way I was feeling, after all he was like the dad I had always wanted.

"Dale, I can't do this." I whispered whilst letting some tears slip down my face.

"What can't you do Sam?" Dale questioned whilst placing a hand on my shoulder.

"This world. I can't look after myself let alone Harry. This world is going to ruin him, he deserves to grow up in a better world. This world will spoil him. We're always going to be looking over our shoulders just waiting for a death full of pain and suffering. I can't let him go through this life fearing the worst Dale. What if something happened to me or even worse.. him?"

"It's only natural for a mother to worry about her son Sam, especially in abworld like this.. You just.." I shot my head up to loom at Dale and he looked down at me asbhe stopped talking.

"Wait.. How... What do.. Umm.. What do you mean Dale?" I stuttered really finding it hard to form a sentance.

"Come on Sam, you know what I mean. Harry is your son. It's in your eyes, I never had children but that look in your eyes when you look at him is special. It's a look only a mother would give to her child." He said, Whilst rubbing my shoulder as tears soaked his cargo trousers.

I sat in silence whilst I let the teara keep flowing, Dale still had his hand resting on my shoulder trying to comfort me as I just kept feeling worse.

"Dale, you can't say anything to Harry or anyone for that matter. Harry doesn't know, he thinks his parents died in this cruel and sick world." I barely whispered whilst moving my head to a more comfortable position on Dale's knee.

"If that is what you want Sam. Just know that I am here whenever you need to talk okay? Why don't you go and have a lie down?" He said whilst tapping my shoulder. I slowly got up and hugged Dale before climbing down the ladder and making my way inside the RV.

I lay down on the bed at the back of the RV and began to think about my situation with Harry. I have always wanted to tell him that I was his mother and now that we only have eachother I wish I had told him before the world went to hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note.

Well guys it's almost here!! Only a few hours to go until the 13th!!

I thought I would update tonight because well Season Four starts tomorrow and it's also my Birthday tomorrow so y'know I thought it would be nice!!...

So how do you think Dale knew?
Were you guys expecting Harry to be Sam's son?
Any ideas what else is in store for Harry, Sam and Daryl?
Will Sam forgive Daryl now that she needs someone to comfort her?

I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far, I have plenty more Ideas to give you plenty more chapters to read.

As always please could you :
- Comment
- Vote and
- Share the story!

Please I would love to get to 500 reads for my birthday tomorrow!

I Love each and every one of you!!
Again Thank You so much!!

Keep it real Normanites!!♡