Chapter Eight

Hello there guys :)!

I am going to try something different now and I just hope you like it.

So thank you all for reading this book. It honestly means alot :)!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's P.O.V..

"Daryl?" I cried whilst tugging on his shirt violently. "Daryl!"

"What's up little man?" He yawned whilst sitting up slowly.

"I had a bad dream. Can.. Can...I stay with...you please?"

"Yeah sure." Daryl said while pulling me down to lay on the other chair he was on.

"Thank you Daryl."

I snuggled in to Daryl's chest even though he went stiff he put an arm around me until I drifted off in to a nice long sleep.

Daryl's P.O.V

I woke up to the sun beating down on my face through the window and the events of the day before came rushing back. I whipped my head around to see if Sam was awake but she was laying in the exact same position as last night. I slowly began to get up and placed Harry on the now empty chair, I walked over to the door and quietly creeked it open before stepping out and making my way towards the front door.

I pushed the porch door open and was met by a the same girl I met last night.

"Hello.. um.. "

"Beth, my name is Beth. Daryl right?" she asked whilst raising her eyebrows.

"Yeah that's me." I said whilst hopping up on to the porch rails. There was an awkward silence building up as niether of us knew what to say at the time. I swung my legs back and forth whilst watching for any movement coming from the forest, this place seemed pretty safe for now, we could make a new life here for the time being.

"How long have you, your girlfriend and your son been out there?" Beth questioned innocently. I didn't know what to say, I was stuck for words, how did she think they were my family?

"They're... They're not my.. um.. family. I met them a few days ago." I stuttered.

"I'm sorry it's just y'all seem so close. That little boy, he really looks up to you." She said whilst looking me in the eye.

"Harry." I said whilst looking down at the ground.

"What?"

"His name, it's Harry."

It all fell quiet again between us and I knew it was going to be awkward once again. I slowly slid down off the rail I was sitting on and I walked quickly back in to the house. I walked swiftly passed Hershel and slowly pushed the door open to the room Sam and Harry were in. I could hear Harry's little voice and I quietly poked my head around the door.

"Samii... Samii, please wake up I need you. Daryl needs you. We can't do this without you. I love you Samii." He wept whilst climbing off the bed and running back over to the chair where I left him. What did he mean I need Sam? How does he understand all of the things I feel without me even telling him.

I turned out of the room and made my way back outside to the farm. I looked to the side of the door and noticed Hershel leaning against the porch banister just staring out at his barn.

"She's gonna be fine y'know." I stopped on the porch steps and looked back towards the old man stoid infront of me.

"I know." I responded quickly before trying to walk away.

"Daryl. I know you care and I know you L..." Before Hershel finished his sentance there were 3 people running down the field towards us. I squinted my eyes and recognised 2 out of the 3 men, It was Rick and Shane with some other guy. I made my way towards them and I realised Carl limp and lifeless in Rick's arms.

"You're man, he shot my son. Please help him!" Rick pleaded whilst stopping infront of the porch steps.

"Patricia. Patricia get my equiptment ready!..

Get the boy inside." Hershel said whilst stepping out of the way of a now running Rick. I took off from the porch steps and made my way towards the empty field between the farm house and the barn, I sat down in the middle of the empty field and just let my thoughts take over.

After a few peaceful hours out in the field I decided to make my way back to the house as the sun was beginning to set. I made my way up the steps and Harry came running out towards me and wrapping his arms around my legs.

"Where've you been Daryl?" Harry yelled jumping in my arms.

"I just needed some time to think little man, What's been going on with y'all? How is Sam? I said without taking time to breathe.

"Samii is still sleeping. I want her to wake up now Daryl. To tell her we have a safe place to stay." He answered really quickly while placing his head against my chest.

I sat down on the window ledge and let Harry snuggle further in to my chest. I sat there for a while before I realised Harry was sleeping soundly against me, I knew he would be out for the night so I went to place him back on the same chair as last night. I lay him down and turned around to see Sam, I went over to the side of the bed and slowly sat down on the edge. I took hold of her hand and brushed the hair out of her eyes.

"Come on Sam, wake up. We have a place to stay, we have food, water and a nice place to stay. I've lost every person that I've cared about Sam, I can't lose you too. Harry needs you, Damn I need you Sam. Come on Sam please wake up." I whispered against her ear whilst moving her hand on my lap. As I moved her hand I closed my eyes and began to let my thoughts take over again.

"Daryl." I opened my eyes and felt Sam squeeze my hand lightly. I couldn't help but smile and kiss her hand.

"Yeah I'm here Darlin'. Everything is gonna be fine, I'm here." I said whilst smiling down at her closed eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys :)!

I know Harry only had a small part but it was just a tester. So do you guys think I should do more of Harry's P.O.V??

I need some feedback though, I need to know if this is good or bad! Please comment if you can :)!

So do you think Daryl and Sam will be okay or will there be a storm brewing? Only one way to find out!... KEEP READING!

I love you all for sticking with this story I know it isn't that long yet but there will be a lot of action packed stuff happening later on!

Thank You all for reading and as always please :

Vote
Comment
and
Share the story :)!