Chapter Twenty..

Sam's P.O.V..

The sun was beating through the old worn curtains as Harry began to jump on our bed, I managed to force my eyes open and once again I woke up alone. I rolled over on to my back just as Harry jumped on to my stomach as he held his own in slight pain probably from jumping so hard.

"Morning." I simply yawned.

"Morning." He said tugging on my hand. "Come on, everyone is awake." He said pulling me up out of the bed.

"Okay, Okay." I laughed and followed him out of the door.

We quickly made our way downstairs and sure enough most of the group were gathered in the living room of the cabin.

"Morning." I said tiredly.

"Morning Sam." Everyone sang back at me. I had never seen them this happy before and it made me smile at the thought. I scanned the room and there was only one person I was looking for. Daryl.

I made my way through the kitchen followling the smell of meat in the air, I slowly pushed the door open to find Daryl sitting at the table peeling the skin off a squirrel with his hunting knife. I walked in a little further and I could see Carol with a pan in hand over a little fire they made inside. Breakfast smelt absolutely amazing and I couldn't wait to get some down me.

Before the apocalypse I would hardly ever touch meat, especially not something like Squirell, but now it felt like heaven with every bite.

"Good morning sweetie." Carol said with a smirk pulling me right out of my thoughts.

"Morning, You're happy this morning." I replied smiling. Carol just nodded and turned back to cooking the meat in the pan as I dropped down on to the chair next to Daryl.

I sighed as I relaxed in to the back in to the seat, things haven't been this relaxed for us all  in ages.

"We need to talk later." Daryl barely whispered in my ear. I gave him a confused look and my heart began to sink, I don't think them words can be a good sign. "It's okay, nothing to worry about." He said quietly as he placed his hand in mine and gently rubbed his thumb over mine.

I nodded my head and pushed my back against the chair, I closed my eyes and Carol cleared her throat which caused Daryl to instantly drop my hand.

"It's almost ready." She said scooping the raw meat that was on the table in to the pan. I got up out of my seat confused as to why Daryl dropped my hand infront of Carol, but as I went to move he gripped the back of my shirt.

"Hey, where you going?" He said speaking slightly louder than before.

I just glanced back at him before shrugging his hand off my shirt, I could see the hurt flash in his eyes as I left the room to go and find Harry.

Daryl's P.O.V..

I felt my hand fall off the back of Sam's shirt as she just walked away not even bothering to answer me, I hit the table and slammed my knife in to it. The kitchen filled with silence and I put my head in my hands just trying to think what I had done wrong this time, everything seemed fine up until now.

"No need to hide it infront of me Daryl." Carol whispered as she dished up everyone's food on the counter.

I lifted my head out of my hands and Carol had her back towards me.

"What?!" I asked.

"I know the way you feel about her, I guessed Daryl. The way you reacted after her accident at the CDC, I had my suspicions and they were confirmed yesterday when I walked in on... Well you know." She said turning around to look me in the eye.