Chapter Eighteen

Sam's P.O.V..

The hot sun was peeking through the dark curtains in our room as I slowly opened my eyes and climbed out of bed. I crept around Daryl's side of the bed to grab a clean shirt before deciding to head in to the bathroom to change. I went to step away from the bed but I was suddenly pulled back and I landed with a soft thus on the side of the bed.

"And where do you think you are going." He spoke whilst yawning.

"I was just going to change my..."

"I don't think so, today is a special day." Daryl said cutting me off completely.

I turned to see Harry beaming up at me with his adorable smile trying to hide his slight chuckle.

"What's special about today Daryl?" Harry quizzed with a confused look on his face.

"1...2...3... Happy Birthday!" Both me and Daryl shouted in sync as I grabbed his sides, Harry started to squirm and we all burst in to laughter.

"How do you know it's my birthday today?" He asked me with a strange look on his face.

"I've been counting down the days. Did you really think I would forget?" I replied quietly.

"Thank You. I Love You Samii." He whispered in my ear before turning around and wrapping his arms around Daryl's neck. "I Love You too Daryl." He said as he flopped down beside us on the bed.

I looked up at Daryl and he pointed down under the bed, I knew what he meant so I gave him a quick nod to go ahead and grab the toys.

"You're about to love us even more now." I winked as his face showed a very confused expression.

"Happy Birthday!" I whispered as Daryl handed him the truck, the tank and the army figures one at a time. We both just watched as the smile on his face grew bigger and bigger with each item.

"Thank You." Harry gasped before jumping up and wrapping his arms around both me and Daryl.

I wrapped my arms around Harry's waist and placed my head on his stomach.

"It's okay." I whispered as I gave him one more squeeze before unwrapping my arms from him and heading in to the bathroom. I quickly changed and made my way back in to the bedroom but Harry was no where to bee seen, I looked around to see Daryl leaning against the doorway.

"He's with Carl. Showing off his new things." He said whilst walking slowly towards me with a smile.

"That's okay then." I spoke quickly as I walked past him towards the door to leave the bedroom.

"No hug?" Daryl asked. I turned around and I greeted by the warmth of his body straight away.

"I was going to say no but I guess that wasn't an option." I teased as I wrapped my arms fully around his waist.  It felt amazing to be wrapped in his arms, I never thought that I would care about anyone other than Harry after everything I went through but Daryl changed that.

"I'm going to see Dale for a bit. I'll be back soon." I whispered letting go off Daryl's body.

Daryl nodded in response before releasing me and letting me go and see Dale. I quickly made my way to the RV and opened the door to reveal Dale sitting at the table reading one of his books.