Chapter 4

~A Difficult Guest~

~A Difficult Guest~

"Do not get filthy with me."

Egocentric, thoughtless bastard! What is he, a clean freak?!

Re-evaluating the last words of Levi this morning, the constant headache didn't put you at ease. Nonetheless, it did bring out your inner demon and you were putting in your power to wipe down tables to get your thoughts out of your head.

It was a busy night at the restaurant you work where countless of people decided to have coconut udon soup on happy hour, especially the twenty-percent off on margaritas didn't help the rampage either. You had guests demanding for your attention, snapping their fingers and name-less calling you just so they can have their orders taken.

In the middle of the fixture, you finally stumbled upon your station where counters and bars are located, the more or so rowdiest heart of the area. All these people, due to the cheap event that occurs once a week, were not leaving you a fat tip after a hassle of care you've given them. It was already giving you more than just a headache, but an awful illness.

Your co-worker, who was walking through the sea of people with a tray of empty champagne glasses, gawked at your energetic form straining dish towels in your hands.

"You seem lively today, [Name]," said Jean as he set the tray full of glass down by the sink. "Actually, you have been, ever since school started."

"I would say 'heated' is the correct term to describe myself right now," you amended, laying out plates for the kitchen staff to load it with warm delicacy.

He gave a short laugh and picked up a few glasses underneath the counter to retrieve drinks, "I can imagine the way you were scowling at the party of seven. I've never seen such an expressive face like that from you."

"You find it funny, huh?" now he was starting to get into your case; not on purpose but it made you feel a little light hearted.

"I find it adorable," he said cheekily. Much to your surprise, he said it with confidence like he wasn't ashamed for giving away a small yet lovable compliment to you.

You were quite thankful that the dim lights in the room sided with you and helped masking your pink face. It would be an embarrassment if someone like Jean saw how you looked just now. With a low sigh, you decided to help him behind the bar.

"Just a little stressed is all," you explained, putting away dishes and then setting up glasswares. "I realized I need to be tight for the next few weeks if I want to stay at my place."

"Why's that?" he asked. "I thought you make enough to be surviving on your own."

"Blame my college professor," you scoffed, now helping yourself to take a few tickets from guests over the counter. "The money I'm making right now doesn't cover for his class."