Chapter 8

~A "Tipsy" Night~

~A "Tipsy" Night~

The night didn't end like you expected it to be. With countless laughter and twisted haze in the middle of your vision, you lost track of how many glasses you consumed but somehow you were still in one piece. Not drunk, but the constant dizziness and redness printed all over your body shown how intoxicated you were.

The cold breeze greeted you earnestly once you shimmied yourself out of Marco's white jeep while everyone in the car gave you a parting hug. It was until you met twinkling blue eyes suspecting you worriedly.

"You sure you don't need to be tucked in bed?" she questioned and you've let out a snort in reply.

"I'm sure I'm fine~," you boasted happily.

The alcohol in your system grew onto your ego which a much more merrier and confident side unleashed from its bind. Everyone can obviously notice your strange yet entertaining behavior, but they were assured that you wouldn't need guidance to your bedroom - unless that person is Jean.

"I'll walk her to her door," the brunette boy volunteered, announcing to the group who was still standing outside of the vehicle.

Krista rose her brows suspiciously at him, but the taller male grinned at her and waved his hands defensively.

"You better not try anything slick," she alerted him.

The expression she presented didn't convince him enough of a threat, but the others made the atmosphere more uneasy.

"You guys make me feel like a pervert," he laughed. "Don't worry! I'm just walking her, right [Name]?"

"Hurry up so I can lay down and beach like a helpless whale," you asserted restlessly with a hand at your pounding forehead.

They agreed for someone to watch over you by the looks of how you were conveying such nonsense, and nodded in approval. Jean gave a chuckle, patting your hotheaded head and informing the group of his return before escorting you to your door. 

The silence was filled by your unsteady footsteps hitting against the tiled floors. Here and there, you felt like your head was spinning yet you attempted to walk in a straight line. Jean, who cautiously was watching your form trudging, willingly kept your posture straight and gripped onto your shoulder to have balance.

By his support, you were free to walk however you want, despite how tore apart you looked.

"Is this your apartment door?" he asked as you two approached to a familiar door.

Your eyes fluttered and smiled warmly at the relieving sight, nodding to him. "Ah, yes. Thanks, Jean. I had fun."

He eyed you warily while your hand dug into your bag and fished for your keys. "You sure you don't need me to walk you in, in case?"