Chapter 30

~Relationship~

~Relationship~

Many thoughts preoccupied your mind the second you were handling the glasses under the counter. You just started your shift, cleaning and polishing the dishes while the guests you've already taken care of enjoy their evening with the spiced drinks you whipped up.

Before your mind can dive deeper into the darkest depths of your brain, the series of thoughts of Levi, you were jumped at the sudden drop of a tray falling into the sink right beside you, flinching suddenly.

"Sorry about that," you were greeted by a nervous chuckle from the tall brunette, smiling at you while he rubbed his head.

You let out a breath and heeded your head to the rest of the dishes resting at the dish rack. "It's fine."

"Something wrong?" Jean asked, switching his position to fix up a couple of drinks by spraying beer into a plastic mug.

You glanced at him, "What makes you say that?"

"I don't know. You just seem dazed ever since you walked into the restaurant," he mentioned observantly. "Standing here by yourself, rubbing glasswares sadly in the corner... What's on your mind?"

You didn't quite realize your absence of mind. Ever since the day with your college professor and his mother, you weren't at your best behavior - more like your soul was drained from your body for a brief second and then turned you into a mindless zombie.

Since you discovered your affections for Levi, unfortunately it brought out a side of you that you haven't discovered yet.

"Nothing too serious," you've let out sheepishly, returning to stack dishes on top of each other. "I'm just stressed with school and everything. I was a bit late with my bills for this month."

"I get you," he nodded - which you blew out a relieving sigh. At least, that kind of excuse didn't make him want to push it further. "Just don't try to push yourself so hard. We all went through it."

"Yeah."

"Hey, [Name]," Jean brought up, placing a couple of drinks on his serving tray. You averted your eyes on him and hummed in response. "I was thinking after work, you want to grab a drink with me? Hang out, or something."

Self-consciously, your brows rose in disbelief. Watching his expression stir anxiously, his cheeks glowed a tint of pink and lips quivered subtly. He wasn't looking at you since he already felt your eyes staring at him, hesitating.

"Oh, Jean," your tone lowered gently which it drew his attention on you. "I don't think I can."

"We don't have to drink, necessarily," he excused hurriedly, making the subject a little less informal as he can. "We can do something else, if you're not up for it."