Chapter 41

~Obstacle~

~Obstacle~

"[Name]. [Name]!"

Your mind fell from its trance once a voice almost yelled in your ear while you were lost in your thoughts. Someone was towering over you with an impatient face and arms crossed over their chest. You glanced up to see Krista.

"I was calling you from behind! You didn't hear me?" she asked questioningly.

"You did?" you wondered naively. "I guess I didn't hear..."

Your blond friend was about to say something else until she peered at you face again. At this point, you had no idea what to expect from her since she was giving a speculating expression at you, so you began to sweat.

Then her blue eyes widened, "When and where?!"

You froze. She couldn't have figured it out just by looking, can she?

"I... I have no idea what you're talking about," you've let out quietly but that simply gave away the truth behind your mask.

She shook her head and pointed a finger at you, "Oh no, young lady. I know that kind of face, and you can't tell me that you have no idea what I'm hinting at."

As she examined your face closely, you swallowed hard to give a nervous stare. After a mind-blowing morning with Levi, you haven't given any attention to anything meaningful other than your fantasy about your French teacher.

"Your face is pink and I can sense the sexual tension from you," she fully admitted and you nearly choked on her words.

"Krista!" you scolded.

"What, I'm just saying," she shrugged innocently.

"A little too much information and I'm not sure if I should be worried that you can smell sex on people," your eyes narrowed, turning your head back around to finish your snack.

Waving her hand, she blew a sigh at your defensive self and crossed her arms, "Okay, okay. I get it, although it is weird that I have that kind of ability."

"You should get that nose checked," you suggested in a grumpy manner.

She chuckled, "But my tuition is right, correct?"

You paused again. This time, your lips lowered and made a small pout unsurely. The blonde noticed your shyness and didn't bother to pester you any longer.

"Alright. If you don't want to tell me, then that's fine. But I know eventually you will once you're comfortable with the topic," Krista explained.

You sighed in relief by her complimentary agreement, which it saved you breath and time to tell your history with the man in your classroom. And you spent all day filling your mind about him.

If she knew any of it, you will never hear the end from her.

"Do you want to get smoothies with me? The store is selling new flavors today," she offered nicely, intriguing your interest in a cold beverage on an average sunny day.