Chapter 15

~Wellness and in Sickness~

Nights that held such rowdiness and chaos were common to your life when it comes to working in a service industry. This was one of those nights were countless of guests made your life as a waitress harder than it already is. You were drained and exhausted. You couldn't remember the last time you had a busy shift like this. Customer's complaints and their arguments about drinks that weren't strong enough for their taste, it made you regret for accepting Jean's shift.

He definitely owes you one.

The stiffness from your shoulders carried the weight as you slumped your way to the apartment. Once you stumbled upon the welcoming mat, the kitchen was you biggest interest so you strode there to appease your stomach. You slightly shivered from the subtle goosebumps while you rubbed garlic salt on a thick raw piece of steak, throwing it in pan coated in rosemary oil.

Growing patient for the meat to sizzle medium rare, your mind was far away from earth and the chunk of steak cooking in front of you. You rubbed your forehead at the back of your hand.

Then Levi entered the apartment which drew your attention, removing his jacket and hanging it on the tall coat rack. He immediately smelled the steamed air.

"Welcome back," you smiled.

"You're making dinner this late?" he asked, raising a brow at you and your tenancy of steak in the pan.

You only glanced at him from your shoulder and averted your droopy eyes back at the stove, poking the meat with tongs. "It's only ten o'clock," you replied shortly. "Just got back from work and I'm starving."

"Do I at least get some of that?" he walked towards the kitchen where you are but you raised your clamps at his face, creating distance between you and him.

"No," you told him. "This is only enough for me."

He growled lowly at you as if he was an angry mutt. But the longer he ogled at your placid face, the more he started to surmise with his expression softening his tension. So his glare slowly disappeared and peered at your face closely.

You gaped by the slight movement he gave, leaning forward to your with observant eyes and then placing the back of his hand at your heated forehead. He even patted several spots of your face, reverting back and forth of his palm and backhand.

"W-What?" you asked naively, only feeling your face grew redder.

Levi finally withdrew his hand away and stated apathetically, "You're sick."

You were shocked at his declaration, "I am?"

He didn't give another word for the continuation of the conversation, instead he approached the stove and twisted the knob to turn the burner off. A brave act that was, you were a bit taken of his action.