Chapter 20

~Missing~

~Missing~

"Um, good morning, sir."

Pale blue eyes glanced up from his desk with black frames formulating his chiseled face. Levi had a lingering expression as he eyed you carefully before he displayed papers across his table for class preparation.

You were hugging your binder to your hollow chest, cuffed by your professor's tensed gaze while you wondered if it was a smart choice to greet him in the morning after days of your move out.

Closing his motionless eyes and then humming, Levi shifted his stance to draw on the whiteboard with his black marker. He spoke under his breath in a cold tone, "Sit in your seat."

The brows over your eyes lowered, eased by his reaction and strolled to your assigned seat in the front to create some distance. Pushing your three-ring binder on top of your desk, you sighed with exhaustion and dropped your head over the surface of it while you waited for the minute to exceed.

Ever since you found your establishment a few days ago, the connection between you and Levi have lessened. A more awkward atmosphere excelled between you two as if your living situation with him never happened, like it never existed.

You didn't find moving back to your apartment a problem, although it somehow made you miss Levi's uptight character sauntering in the kitchen and his moody tidiness in keeping the place clean. Comparing to living with a person and living by yourself, it was a weird transition to pass by. In fact you enjoyed his company despite of him being a complicated roommate to put up with.

In your right mind, situating back to your home shouldn't be a complaint. You are glad that you are living by yourself again. Oh, how you miss your own comfort bed and drawers filled with fatty snacks.

"For the rest of the class, I would like to assign book work," Levi started, sitting in his chair in a proud manner. After his small announcement, quiet groans surrounded the room in desperation.

"Again?" one student urged, opening up his textbook to turn to the correct page.

"Professor Levi is getting lazy with his job," another voice followed after.

You, on the other hand, raised your gaze on the man who did nothing to discipline his students and their assumptions. He only sat there with his fist curled against his chin and an elbow propped on the armrest, dazed in the middle of his thoughts as if the world didn't matter to him.

He didn't look depressed or bothered, just deep in thought.

That only lasted for the remaining period of class and you carried on with your normal routine in attending your political science class with Erwin and then English.

~*~

"You got your apartment back?"

You nodded at the blonde striding beside you, along with Sasha and Connie walking ahead of you two engaged in their own conversation.