Chapter 33

~Forgiveness~

~Forgiveness~

"[Name]."

Snapping from your train of thought, your head lifted by the voice speaking above you. Emerald eyes were gazing at you in worry with brown brows curved upwards; you didn't quite notice him talking for the past minute while you were lost in your chaotic mind.

"Are you alright?" Eren asked. He was sitting across from you at the table with a blanket of napkin over his lap and his fork digging through his caprese salad.

Realizing your quietness, you weren't aware of your absence of mind, looking down to your plate full of garlic mashed potatoes and honey-glazed salmon in the middle of dinner.

"You've been... out of place since you came here," he mentioned carefully.

Frowning at his intuition, you knew exactly why you were acting like a depressed frog and not socializing with him. It was clear to see that you were bothered from the fight you had with Levi, like it was still intact in your brain and it powered you down emotionally.

You couldn't help but to think about him.

"I'm sorry, Eren," you sighed. "It's just... I don't know how to say it."

He saw how you were gripping your silver fork in between your fingers, fiddling and twirling it, uninterested in feasting the delicious meal in front of your eyes. Eren formed a more understanding expression - one that probably assumed one of the possibilities you're stressing under.

In order to get the gist of your thoughts, his lips formed a thin line and asked out of the blue, "You had a fight with your boyfriend?"

Your eyes were brought up to him, hand under your chin and stopping yourself from playing with a rosemary stem. The blunt assumption didn't catch you off guard since there wasn't an official title that could summarize the relationship of you and Levi.

The corner of your lips twitched.

"I guess you can say something like that," you admitted carelessly with your sight avoiding his. "In situations such as these, I don't know how one can go through the day without thinking about it."

He nodded slowly at your explanation as you felt Eren setting down his eating utensils at the rim of his plate.

"I know what you mean." You quirked your brow at him curiously. Does he exactly know what you're talking about? "I have a girl going to a different college than I am. There were a lot of times we fought over something unnecessary."

"You have a girlfriend?"

"For seven months," he answered proudly. "She's a little nuts over me, but... In the end, we always make it through."

"Isn't it hard?" you questioned, now that your attention is completely drawn into the subject.

He hummed hesitantly. "After the honeymoon phase, it gets tough in the long run. But as long as two people are equally striving for their relationship to last, then there's nothing to worry."