Chapter 13

~The Black Sheep~

~The Black Sheep~

"Damn it..." you drenched as you dropped a hot casserole dish full of delicious fluffiness on a coaster.

You've spent most of your afternoon in the kitchen after you finished your shift at the restaurant. The second you got out, you hurried to the closest grocery store in order to purchase the rest of the remaining ingredients that were missing in Levi's kitchen.

This was the second time you prepared in making your infamous bread pudding. The first time you made it, it was overcooked - luckily not burnt to a crisp like the one before. You weren't planning to destroy your teacher's home, yet.

Drained from the energy you've input, you were finally satisfied with your last attempt of the hot dessert and glanced at the time on the oven. It was almost time for you to leave and head your way to your parents' house, knowing that it's almost dawn.

Foiling the dish securely, you approached the front door while slipping into your outdoor shoes for the treacherous walk. The knob was turning when your hand was about to reach for it. To your surprise, the door was already opening, revealing a tired French man with his prescriptions taken off of his profile.

You gawked, "L-Levi! I was just heading out."

"I smell something sweet," he stated while sniffing the fragrance of brown sugar wafting through his living room.

"It's my banana, caramel bread pudding," you answered. "I promise I didn't leave any dishes out. I cleaned up everything."

"You better be sure," he warned, setting his suitcase down on the floor as well as unfolding his tie. Once his neck-accessory was undone, he turned back at you with a doubtful stare. "If I see one spec of flour anywhere, I will make you re-clean the whole kitchen tonight."

"As much as I like to hear your hoopla and scenarios of your complicated life as a clean freak, I seriously need to go now," you formally replied as you took your tray of mushed, crumpled bread off the side table and headed out. But you added curtly, "By the way, I didn't use flour."

For a second, you could've swore you heard a few profanities spilled from Levi's tongue when you were an inch gap in closing the door behind you. Someone who is an obsessive cleaner, he sure does have a dirty mouth.

~*~

The train ride took longer than needed with an hour-long wait of tilting side to side towards random strangers beside you. Until you reached your destination, you didn't waste a second in wondering around and came to meet a house with walls of rock surrounding the exterior.

You've let out a sigh and rang the doorbell for a welcoming hug. You didn't hear commotion behind the door, usually there is but this time it was quiet. So you rang the door bell again.

They're probably in the backyard.

You had your cellphone in your hand, bringing it up to your ear as you waited for your sister to pick up. After the repetitive rings, the line picked up as a rowdy background noise filled your ear.