Chapter 26

~Dinner For Two~

~Dinner For Two~

Through the cool air of dusk, you watched the skies turn from baby blue to a mix of lavender pink and sherbet orange. As the warm fall brushed pass the strands of your hair, you walked casually to your apartment with series of thoughts occupying your mind.

Krista guided you at the corner of the complex and stopped at the opposite direction of your home, waving with her loose hand.

"See you tomorrow," she smiled and proposed sweetly, "I'll keep the balloons full until the next time we see your aunt."

"Sounds like an idea," you nodded, returning the gesture and turning your back at her to enter your apartment. "Bye."

Hearing her footsteps pitter-patter away to the long street of the city, you furthered yourself to walk to your door with tired shoulders and mindset. By the immoderate amount of walking today, the trip to the hospital itself was just exhausting besides the moment you encountered with Farlan and Isabel.

Their secrecy about your accidental meet up with them only made you more puzzled as to why would Levi be upset if you knew anything deeper about him. That made you to debate whether you should just let him know either way but keep it to yourself.

Coming from Farlan, it would be wise to just not say a word unless Levi wants to share.

Once you stumbled upon the hallway of your floor, you noticed a figure standing outside of your door - leaning right next to it with hands stuffed into his pockets. You were surprised at the sight of him as it reminisced the moment he had done the same thing the last time - waiting for you.

Nonetheless, you recalled the slight memory of the intense make-out session you had with him in the classroom. So, seeing him now, a hint of excitement overwhelmed your chest.

"Levi," you approached.

His grey eyes set on you, both calm and composed. It nearly made you stiffen at the purity in them, almost whisking you away from reality. Your French teacher pushed himself off the wall and turned to face you with disputable expression, rubbing his neck and averting his gaze away shyly.

He finally muttered something out, "Hey."

"What's up?" you grew curious, eager to know if he needed your assistance in some sort.

With his gaze trailing down, he did his best to avoid your keenness and let out a bothered groan.

"I didn't know when you'll be coming back so...," he croaked, sighing and hanging his head low, "I waited."

The last part made you feel deeply touched by his genuine admission. It almost made you broke out a heavy smile, stretching pink cheek to pink cheek at his sweetness. He did the exact thing when you were out with your friends eating out for sushi.

This was rare to see him to be this thoughtful. At the same time, you felt your heart being blessed.

"I... don't know what to say," you admitted awkwardly, still flattered at the moment.