Chapter 17

~Friendship~

~Friendship~

"I get it now," Krista nodded after a brief summary of your mishaps in the past week. She stood with you outside of your apartment while Levi tended to his own doings inside.

To your surprise, it was like a breeze to finally let out your secret for living with a ferocious man who always pestered you. The best part about sharing it, you've noticed that Krista seemed understandable about the situation as she looked attentive to you.

You assumed that she would be yelling or be appalled; auspiciously she was contained.

"You're not... too crazy about the whole thing?" you questioned carefully but she raised a tender smile.

"No, why would I be?" she told you. "It's a little insane at first, but I see the situation. I'm your friend, [Name]. I don't think any of it as outrageous. You have a reason to do so. If it was anyone else who knows about it, they would totally misjudge it, wouldn't they?"

Guilt was eating your way to your head. You've never realized how acknowledgeable Krista is, it made you feel ashamed that you abused it by not trusting her with your newfound living condition. You wondered if she was somehow hurt by that fact.

"Well, now that explains why you were acting so strange when I saw you. I only wished you could've told me sooner," she said sadly under her breath but you managed to hear it.

"Sorry...," you murmured.

But she waved her hands at you defensively, shaking her head while seeing the discouraged look you gave. "No worries! As long as you trust Professor Levi, then everything is fine with me."

Professor Levi...

When his name was spoken, you wondered what gotten into him thinking that he could just appear out of nowhere when Krista was about to leave. You were doing so well in pretending, until she questioned about the shoes.

The suddenly, she threw a bunch of questions at you with hands at her tiny hips. "Is he going to take care of you? Has he done anything to you? Like violation, abuse, or anything sexual? Is he a pervert who's into college girls? What's his goal exactly?"

You were taken by her accusation, like a worried mother she is. But you found that awfully good about her, or else she wouldn't just care.

"Um," you trailed. "No. No. No, and no? About that last one, I'm not too sure but he's just a normal, asshole teacher at our university - if that's what you're wondering."

Krista stared into your eyes for approval, in case you were lying or making up more excuses. But this time, you were brutally honest with yourself. If Levi was some form of creep hidden behind bars, then you would have given your life to tell it to a soul.

"That's good. Anyways, I'm going to go, [Name]. You should be getting better now," she grinned, watching as her golden hair was pushed back behind her shoulders. Then she whispered to you, "Don't you do naughty things with him while I'm gone."