Chapter 11

~First Night~

~First Night~

You felt like the day couldn't get any longer, just when you thought things couldn't get any worse. You had no idea what it is about this year that made you get into deeper trouble than you expected, but you've already figured out that answer once you met your terrorizing teacher.

Here, in his room of the apartment, you were simply amazed how a single man like himself can keep a place so clean and spotless. Most of all, his room didn't contain much of anything like it has been untouched.

You were even more surprised that he didn't own a bed at least, which it made you ponder if the guy even bother to sleep at all.

In middle of your unloading, you sat on the floor of Levi's room while he stood and prepped a short futon for you. Absorbed by his presence, you couldn't help yourself but to gaze at him unknowingly.

A space where it's just you and him only, not in a classroom, a restaurant, or a laundry room. It's his personal home, and you don't know how to react normally by being in this closed space with him.

"What?" He noticed your hard stare at him, making you flinch by his low, husky voice. "Something you want to say?"

The irritation in his tone tensed you, more like heightened your awareness. With arms around your pillow, you hugged it tightly for complete protection in case this man decides to launch himself at you.

A pout formed around your lips as you pressed the pillow under your chin. "I am actually at a loss of words at this point," you admitted curtly.

You felt his eyes lowered their intensity into a more calming and soother expression. If Levi was smart, he would allow the girl to feel more at home than to make her feel like she's in a dungeon. He turned back to the futon he was setting up and flourished the long blanket, cascading down the mattress in olive green.

"Aren't you going to thank me?" he addressed which you were astounded. "You know, there were a lot of things you should appreciate me doing for you. I better have a reward."

Your shoulders stiffened again. If he was thinking about doing exchanges with you, then it changes your thoughts about living with him. What does he want in return?

Levi sensed your panic, as he glimpsed over his neck and eyed you carefully. "You don't need to be guarded around me. We're basically living like roommates. If you're thinking anything more, then you're the one who is tainted."

A frown displayed upon your lips as you loosed your grip around your pillow. You still sat there on the wooden floor of the room with legs crossed and chest leaned to the cheetah-printed fluff of cotton. A sigh escaped from you.

"You know, you don't really need to do this," you nonchalantly informed. "I could have stayed with Krista for the night and then live at the university with one of my colleagues."