Chapter 24

~Reflection~

~Reflection~

"Are you going to visit our aunt at the hospital?"

You strutted through the half-filled halls of the school. Class was over in session and you were on the phone with your sister, who also finished the last of her hour in school - trying to get home.

The latest news of your family is a newborn baby being a part of your kin. Your older aunt is at rest in the nearest hospital in your city, healing from labor and nurturing her child in need. Due to your busy schedule from work and studies, you planned to get a day off to see your baby cousin.

"I'll probably see her somewhere around this week," you told Emi as you sensed her nodding on the other side of the line. "Did you already see her with mom and dad?"

"I did. Oh, and if you're planning to buy flowers and gifts, her baby is a girl," she reminded. You caught the quota from her and agree to buy presents in congratulations.

"I'll make sure of that," you answered. "I have to go soon. I'm having my tutoring session soon."

"Okay. I'll talk to you later."

You pressed on the 'end' button to cancel the call with your sister, shoving your phone back into your pocket and fixating your bag. A bunch of errands ran through your head just to see the picture of a bouncing baby in your aunt's lap.

You were acting giddy until you approached a certain classroom, where you have to commit yourself lasting the remaining hours of tutoring.

Softening your muscles, you attempted to not think about possible scenarios that could happen - now that you and Levi experienced countless of awkward and accidental moments before this day. The last encounter you had with him was a few days ago with his younger step-brother in front of his apartment.

Ever since, Levi grew quiet and inactive with you, and the only times you've seen him was during French - teaching the usual. Lately, he came to talk to you about getting extra help again, knowing that your grade is slightly dropping due to the extreme difficulty on tests and speaking.

Without further ado, you brought the nerve to come to his office hours to attend those tutoring hours again in making up for those grades - hoping for the best.

"You're late."

Once you've entered the room, you were greeted with an immediate response by the man who sees your form present in the area. You weren't bothered by his welcoming greet - the fact that you already grew so used to his nasty attitude.

"I was on the phone with my sister," you excused yourself.

"I'm sure she can wait after you pay heed to your studies," he warned.

Pulling out a chair by a long table, it was available for you to sit while Levi retreated the rest of his teaching materials. As you sat with the most unsatisfied expression, teaching the language of French by yourself seemed more like an ideal idea for you take.