Chapter 21

~Sickness~

~Sickness~

"It's been a while since I last saw you, [Name]," grinned Jean while he put an arm around your shoulder.

You faked a laugh and then shrugging his arm off of you, placing it by his side where it belongs.

"That's sweet of you," you patted his head, almost mocking him like he was a child.

He gotten the unpleasant impression from you and acted as if he wasn't dissatisfied with your rejection of his touch. So he laughed along with you while everyone around the table finished the last of their sushi on their plates.

"Geez, Jean, you're such a lady killer," Connie commented with his set of wooden chopsticks settled on his lips.

"Literally," Krista added with disapproving eyes at the brown headed boy sitting by you.

He flinched at the bright blonde's menacing eyes as he shuffled an inch from you for his own protection. Marco, who witnessed the strange scene, chuckled at you for being so persistent.

"If you want [Name], Jean, you gotta go pass through Krista first," he advised as the small blonde lessened her intensity and averted back to her hot tea in her hand.

"Krista is Gandolf, of course," the bald headed boy snickered playfully and mimicked the famous actor's voice in a deep tone, slamming his fist on the table with the same pair of chopsticks. "You shall not pass!"

"I get it. I get it," Jean argued, lowering the group's hysteric laugh in the restaurant. However, you were just minding your own business with your glass of water in hand.

You checked the time on your watch, seeing that the hour has gone pass by another hour which it made you realize it was getting late.

"Alright. Let's get the check and go," you motioned the waiter to print the bill and dug your bag for your wallet. "I have a test tomorrow and I should be studying."

"No problem," Marco smiled and done the same the thing by shoving his hand in his pocket, giving you money to pay for his meal.

"I got you," Jean took the checkbook from the waiter's hand before you were about to grasp onto it. "I'll pay for you meal in thanks for covering me for my shift."

"Aw, you don't need to do that."

"I'm happy to do it," he suggested and dropped his twenty in the booklet along with everyone's money. "Just promise me a date, and then we call it even- Ow!"

Jean rubbed his arm where you bruised him with a painful pinch. You hoped that your classmates didn't hear his declaration in dating you. You still couldn't believe how determined this guy is.

"I was kidding," he smiled warily with a hint of agony in his voice, still petting his skin like babying it.

"Anyways," you mumbled, eying heedfully at him before standing from the booth. "Let's get going."