Chapter 4

After a coughing up blood and sobbing in a ball, I slowly raised to my feet groaning from the pain that shot throughout my body. I looked around at all the glazing stares and judging faces laughing at me. No sympathy for what Jason had done was shown, they all just laughed at my pain. I put my head down and walked up the stairs and into the front door of school. I'm used to this. It hurts, but the feeling is starting to numb out of me. What did I do to deserve this? I don't know. Maybe being born was such a curse on everyone else's life. I could still taste blood in my mouth. The blood on my spilt lip was now drying up. My face is probably covered in bruises and speckles of blood. Nothing new to me.

I walked slumplishly towards the school's restrooms. I checked to make sure no one else was in here before I burst out into sobs. My eyes didn't try to fight away the tears that built up. My breathing became rapid as I dropped to the floor and let out the pain I felt. How do I get through the days? I don't really know. My ribs and jaw began hurting from the crying. I wouldn't be surprised if Jason cracked a rib. It hurt. Just as I thought this, the schools warning bell rung. I decided to attempt to clean myself up and get to class. I looked into the mirror of the restroom and was disgusted with what was looking back. Multiple words could describe what I saw. Pale, tired, brusied, bloodied, beaten, red-faced, puffy-eyed, broken. All these words suitable. I turned to tap on and cupped my hands together catching the cold water that shot out. I brought my hands to my face and splashed to cold water against my bruised skin. A sense of refreshing relief brushed over me. I washed off the blood that was caked onto my lip. I turned the tap off and dried my face and hands off with the available paper towels. I looked back into the mirror and looked at the bruising one last time before quickly adjusting my hair and rushing out of the restroom and making my way to class.

I walked into the classroom trying not to gain the attention of anyone, but of course as soon as I opened the door everyone's eyes were fixated on me. I dropped my head avoiding the stares and slowly went to sit in my usual spot, which is right in the back corner so I don't get noticed. I heard giggles and name calling from all the people in the room. I bit my lower lip trying to ignore them and just get to my seat. "Wow you can tell Jason got him good. His jaw is purple haha," I heard one guy say. As he said it a bunch of other people started to join in. "He looks like his been crying, what a loser." I tried my best to block them out. Just as I went to turn to get into my seat, I fell fast first into the ground. My jaw slammed against the floor and an instant sense of dizziness overwhelmed me. The classroom erupted in laughter. I just lay there, in immense pain trying not to break down again. Just as I went to get to my feet I felt a fist slam into my stomach. All I could do was clench into a ball, trying to prevent to urge to vomit.

I opened my eyes to reveal Jason. His fist clenched beside him. The grin on his face and look in his eyes held extreme hatred towards me. I shut my eyes again as I felt my stomach contents coming up, which isn't anything except water. "What's the matter? Feeling sick?" He spoke in a babyish manner. I just nodded my head slowly. "Going be sick somewhere else you worthless shit," he spoke with malice. He kneed my ribs one more time before going to his seat. I forgot that he was in most of my classes. The classroom was cheering and congratulating Jason for what he did as I tried to find the will to get up. Pain shot throughout my entire body. Just as I managed to get to my hands and knees the teacher walked in. Of course he gets in after all of this. "Alright good morning class. Settle down and open your books to page... Justin will you please get off the floor and stop fooling around." The teacher spoke sounding annoyed. He stood next to his desk staring at me. Jason turned and shot me a death glare, as if daring me to say it was his fault that I was on the ground. I looked around at the class and they were all fighting back laughter. No one cares. The pain I'm feeling is nothing. I'm just worthless.

I brought myself to my knees and held back the urge to vomit. All these eyes on my made me feel really uncomfortable. I shut my eyws and put my head down trying to block out the judging eyes and laughter of the class. ".....Well?" The teacher asked annoyance evident in his tone. I opened my eyes and quietly and pathetically stuttered, "s-sor-sorry," before crawling to my seat and sloppily sitting at my desk. I immediately put my head on the desk and tried to calm my stomach down. It's not even the first hour into school and I'm already in serious pain. My vision started to fade out and my head began throbbing. I felt tears begin to fall out of my eyes as the teacher began the lesson. The class was still giggling and joking about what Jason had just done to me. I don't blame them. I'm a waste of space and should just be gone.

The noises around me began to fade out. The teachers voice became silent. And tears began to flow. I went to open my eyes and only saw blackness. My breathing became rapid and heavy and then my mind shut off. I knew exactly what was happening.

______________________________________
Sorry about not posting in a while, I've been busy and had some stuff on. I'll post more now but :)
Hope you are all good and remember to smile.