Chapter 31

Justin's POV:

My body started to tremble at the thought of Jason. I haven't even seen him in a week or two and he still manages to instil fear into me. Sam stood in front of me confused as what I had just said. He obviously does not know who Jason is and what he is capable of. When Sam showed me the notes that someone had left him, I knew immediately who left them. Of course it was Jason, he is the only person I know who is crazy enough too. When Sam read the words out, I could hear Jason's voice speaking in my head. And if he is after Sam than bad things will happen.

"Who is Jason?" Sam asked with a confused expression on his face. I was snapped out of my thoughts and swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat. I debated whether or not to tell Sam exactly who Jason was. On one hand I wanted to tell him about the monster that Jason is, but at the same time I knew it would just make him stop being around me. I mean, who would want to be friends with me, if you are just going to get hurt. And I really like having a friend in Sam, who has been there for me in the past few weeks.

"Justin please tell me," Sam said again grabbing a hold of my hand gently. I looked up to him with a blank expression.

"H-he's a-a," I started to talk, but found it more difficult to talk than usual. I don't know why but Jason just has this effect over me, regardless on if he is in front of me or not. I looked away from Sam and began to bite my lip nervously. I was wondering on where Jason was. What did Ryan mean by 'he doesn't come here anymore?' Does that mean Jason left? I couldn't stop thinking about that, ever since it had been said. Every day I try to come up with some sort of reason or explanation to where he has been or what he is doing, but I've got nothing. All I start to think is that he is going to come back and finish me off.

"Aaaaaaaaaaa," Sam dragged out again causing me to focus back on the here and now. I shook my head lightly and looked back to him.

"A m-monster," I said with no emotion. It was almost like a robotic response. He eyes were trying to read me, but I know by now that my emotions are rarely shown. He scrunched his eyebrows together and looked like he was thinking to him.

"What do you mean a monster?" Sam said curiously.

"H-he i-is r-respons-sible f-for t-this," I said pointing to myself. I was hoping that Sam would understand the message I was trying to give to him. Sam looked me and up and down a few times before speaking again.

"You mean the beatings?"

I nodded my head shamefully in agreement. I felt embarrassed in myself. I dropped my head down in sadness and broke the hand grip that Sam had formed with me. I cupped my hands over my face just felt like isolating myself from the whole world.

"And the scars?" I heard Sam's voice say softly as a hand was placed on my shoulder. I shot my head up immediately to look at Sam. My eyes were wide and my face radiated shock.

"W-what d-do y-you m-mean?" I said sadly. Sam's expression dropped a little as he started to rub his hand gently over my shoulder. I saw him let out a small sigh.

"On your arms Justin," he said as my eyes went wider and I felt like I had just been caught out on my biggest secret. "I saw them when you were in the nurse's office."

"D-did a-anyone e-else?" I asked scared that people might now my biggest secret.

"No just me," he said still looking upset. I sent him a small smiled, which I found hard to fake, but managed to. "Justin I am not going to make you tell me, but I just want you to know I will be here for you if you ever want or need to talk about it okay?"