Chapter 44

Jason's POV:

I watched on as Sam continued to stare at me with a vengeful look on his face as his took hold of Justin. Ryan and Chaz still had a strong grip on both of my shoulders and I was unable to shake them off. The alcohol and weed were slowly starting to fade out of my body, but I still was not strong enough to break free and help Justin... just yet.

I was trying to process what my eyes were seeing in front of me. I have had previous experiences with Sam which I decided to not tell Justin about. But I did not know that he would ever do this to Justin. I never thought that Ryan and Chaz would turn to him either, especially after our encounter. I didn't care about it right now though, all I wanted in this very moment was to break free from their hold and run over and protect Justin.

I know that I have done some horrible things to him in the past, but you need to believe me when I say that I am not that person anymore. I had to admit it to myself that I love Justin and I need to do everything that I can to ensure that he lives a better life. It was tearing my heart apart to see him in front of me right now bloodied and crying in pain, and the fact that I was unable to do anything about it. I knew that as soon as the substances wore out in my body that I would be able to fight back but for now it was just a waiting game.

"Hey do you guys wanna see something really funny?" Sam chuckled as he looked up to Ryan and Chaz taking hold of Justin's jumper at his waist. I furrowed my eyebrows curious as to what he was doing and multiple thoughts spun through my head. Sam looked down and me with the biggest smirk of his face before slowly lifting of the jumper from Justin's body. That is when it clicked in my head what he was about to do.

"No," I said weakly as a mumble. I couldn't let him do this. It would completely destroy Justin if that jumper came off. I looked Sam directly in the eyes and tried to show him all the anger I could muster up.

"Pfffft," Sam let out as he rolled his eyes at me. "What are you gonna do about it?"

I tried to rise to my feet but under the pressure that Ryan and Chaz were exerting on me, I fell back to my knees with a grunt. I tensed my whole body and tried to muscle them both off of me, but was met with a punch to the back of my head, which sent me into a daze. I knew that my attempts were useless at this point, so I looked straight at Justin. His head was slumped down and I could tell that he was letting out sobs.

I paid no attention to the other three in the room and focused on Justin. I needed him to look up to me. I needed to let him know that I was here for him. I couldn't even begin to imagine what he was feeling or thinking right now, but I knew that whatever it was, it wasn't good. Sam continued to lift the jumper up over Justin's body but stopped just before he exposed the bare arms of Justin. I felt tears building up in my eyes and saw that Justin was sitting on the sofa, completely void of any human emotion.

"Boys you'll want to take some photos of this," That fucking idiot laughed as he pulled the jumper fully off of Justin's body. He then placed Justin's arms out straight. My heart stopped as I couldn't help but look over to them. I felt life exiting my body and I couldn't control anything in that moment. My breathing ceased, tears began to leave my eyes freely, my muscles tensed and my mind went blank.

I already knew that Justin had hurt himself like this, but I never really took the best look at them. There, in front of me, was dozens and dozens of cuts. They started from the wrist and rose all the way up to just past the elbow. Some were small, other were larger in size. Some were healed, some still healing and what hurt me the most was seeing two freshly done ones. Blood was still slowly seeping out of them and that arm was covered in his blood.