Chapter 45

Jason's POV:

I stood facing Justin trying my best to fight back tears from flowing down my face. I felt my heart crush in on itself and sink as Justin spoke those words. Unsure of what to do, I moved closer towards Justin hoping that he would allow me this time, but was once again denied by him. Justin turned his head away from me and wrapped his arms around his knees, which he had pulled up close to his chest. I wasn't exactly too sure why he was acting this way. Did I do something to him?

"Justin please talk to me?" I pleaded in a gentle raspy tone. I wanted so badly to just engulf him into a tight hug and let him know that everything was going to be okay and that I was sorry for whatever it was I did to him. Justin continued to look away from me as he paid no attention to my words. Feeling deflated, I dropped my head low and slowly turned and walked out of the room. I didn't want to annoy him or make him feel any worse by just standing there and making flawed conversation with him.

I walked into the kitchen and knew that I had to have some food, even though I had lost my appetite from everything that's happened tonight. I opened the freezer door and pulled out a cheese pizza that was pre-made. I turned on the oven behind me and slide the pizza inside on a tray still feeling completely deflated with myself. Setting the timer on the oven, I decided to walk out the back door to my house which leads to a little backyard. It is nothing over the top, just a plain piece of yard with a few trees at the back and a large metal fence surrounding everything.

Just outside the glass door was a small tiled patio with a tables and a small sofa surrounding it. I rarely use the area, but do come out here to smoke and back when I was obsessed with becoming the most popular and powerful kid in school, I would have all my parties out here. I sat on the sofa and just looked out into the darkness of the night sky. So many thoughts were racing through my mind and I felt myself becoming flustered with them all.

I went back inside and retrieved a packet of cigarettes walking back outside and sitting by the table. I pulled out a cigarette and placed it between my lips, striking the lighter and watching as the end to the cigarette became an orange glow. I inhaled deeply, feeling the smoke instantly fill my lungs and enter into my body. Exhaling slowly and watching as the smoke slowly drifted in the light wind against the dim light from the night sky, I was interrupted by the sound of a small knock on the glass door behind me.

I immediately shot my head to the direction of the noise, feeling slightly on edge from everything that had transpired earlier tonight. My body instantly relaxed when my eyes met the small fragile figure of Justin standing weakly against the door. I just looked at him with sadness in my eyes as he stared back at me looking a little upset. I took continued to take a drag from the cigarette as I just looked at Justin, not really sure if I should start talking. But thankfully he did.

"H-hi," he mumbled cutely as he broke eye contact with me to look out into the night.

"Hey," I replied quickly, happy that he decided to talk to me.

"C-can I s-sit?" He asked nervously as he stepped closer towards my side. I smiled at him and began nodding my head.

"Of course you can," I told him as I took one final draw of my cigarette before flicking the butt and ember off into the darkness of the night. I exhaled out of the side of my mouth, not wanting to blow smoke into Justin's face. Justin sat about half a metre away from me and his body was tensed. He looked nervous and afraid of being around me which caused my face to drop.

"Y-you s-shouldn't s-smoke," he said with a blank tone as he just looked straight forward. I furrowed my eyebrows at his words and scoffed a little to myself.