Chapter 33

Jason's POV:

I stood in front of Justin trying to avoid his gaze. I swallowed deeply and sighed under my breath. He had caught me off guard when he asked about leaving notes. Now, I'm not saying I am the one who did it, but I will say that I know about it. Let me get something perfectly clear, Justin is mine and I will stop at nothing to get him. What I want, I get, by any means necessary. While I have been gone for the last few weeks, I decided that I want Justin, and that means he will be mine. And this isn't me saying he is an object to just hand around, no, rather he is the person that I want to spend my time with. I broke him and now it is time for me to fix him.

"J-Jason a-answer t-the q-question," Justin said firmly. I was surprised at the way he had just spoken to me, it is the first time he has ever spoken with firmness in his voice. I looked at him with my lips parted trying to figure out within myself whether or not to tell him.

One on hand, if I tell him that I know about it, he will think I am behind it and will never want to see or speak to me again. It would wreck any chance I have to fix things between us, if that is even achievable. I know that this Sam kid has quickly become Justin best friend and that the two of them have quickly developed their friendship. I do not want Justin to know I have an involvement with his best friend receiving threatening notes.

But on the other hand, if I can lie well enough to him and he believes it, than I can continue to do my work and convince Justin I am not who I used to be. I can make sure that no one ever talks about the topic again, that way Justin will never find out. Then again, if I do become close with Justin, well when I do, I am going to have to learn to tolerate Sam.

I knew that Justin was waiting for a reply from me, and the fact that I was taking so long to produce one was most likely making him believe it was me. I took hold of both of his arms gently, making sure to be careful to not hurt him, as I looked into his caramel eyes. I smiled as I hadn't looked into them properly in quite some time, and they are so beautiful. I gently started to caress him left arm maintaining eye contact with him.

"Justin," I mumbled, still deciding with myself on what to say. I took a small breath moved my hands so that I held both of his hands, one in each hand. I brought them up to my mouth and placed a peck of the lips on each hand. Justin looked at me with both eyebrows furrowed, a lost in the woods look plastered across his face. He has never really seen this side of me, but to be fair, barely anyone has.

"I promise you Justin, I know nothing about that. You have my word." I spoke gently, putting my best poker face on. I can't let anything trace of a lie slip through his mind. Justin stared intently at me, watching for any signs that I might give away. His eyes squinted as he kept furrowed eyebrows, trying his best to see through my lie. After a few moments of silence, Justin finally stopped his stare and put little trace of a smile on his face.

"I b-believe y-you J-Jason," he stuttered cutely as he pulled my hands a little closer to himself.

"So uh, what now?" I asked awkwardly as I rubbed at the back of my neck softly. Justin's eyes moved up and he pouted his lips, showing he was thinking about something. I couldn't believe how close I had come to actually kissing him before. I felt his warm breath against my face and his lips make contact with mine, which sent me into overdrive. The thought of Justin has been making my brain go fuzzy lately, and my entire body gets warm sensations shooting through it constantly.

Justin looked to me and shrugged his shoulders while shaking his head lightly.

"Come on there must be something you want to do," I said hoping he would come up with something for us to do, but he just shook his head again.