Chapter 24

Justin's POV:

My head pounded as I slipped in and out of consciousness. My vision slowly started to piece itself together as I opened my eyes to see I was back in my house. I was laying on the couch in the living room with cartoons playing on the TV in front of me. I looked down to see that I was still wearing Jason's clothes that I had borrowed from last night, except the clothes were now covered in splatters of blood. I tried to sit myself up but my ribs ached in pain as I did so. I winced as the pain shot through my body. I lifted a hand to my face to feel a few lumps had formed around my cheek and eye area. My lip had been spilt open and dry blood had set all over my face. I eventually managed to sit up and take noticed a cup of water on the table beside me. I picked up the cup and glugged down the water feeling extremely thirsty. I was wondering how I came to be in my house after what Jason had done to me when I heard my mother's voice echoing through the house and oh boy, she did not sound happy.

"What do you mean you don't know who did it? The nurse said it happened in the lunchroom, what is everyone blind there?" I heard my mother say quite loudly. "No here what is going to happen, you will found out who did this, skip the investigation and found the person the hurt my baby boy, or so help me, I will find them." My mum took a long pause before continuing, "I'm sorry I don't mean to sound like this, but I am sure you can imagine how I am feeling. I have my baby boy bloodied and hurt in front of me and I don't know what happened or who did it. Please keep me updated." Was said before I heard my mum burst out into loud and painful sobs.

I stood to my feet, groaning at the pain that was caused, and made way for my mum. I never like hearing her upset, it makes me feel like a bad son. I am currently the reason that she is crying. I followed the sound of her sobs until I found myself standing before her in the kitchen. She was leaning over the counter with her face in her hands. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist, making sure to apply a tight grip. I think I scared her a little because I felt her jump a little and take in a sudden breath. She turned around to put her arms around me lightly.

"Oh my gosh my baby boy," is all she said before once again letting out loud sobs. I placed my head against her chest and felt her heart beating rapidly. She seemed very stressed out and upset. She leant down and started to place kisses against the top of my head. "I love you so much my baby," she said placing kiss after kiss. "I am so sorry this has happened Justin. You don't deserve this my baby," she continued whilst rubbing her hand up and down my back gently. I felt tears begin to roll down my cheek as I heard the pain in her voice as she spoke. This has really got her upset. I broke from her grip but continued to keep her hands firmly intertwined with mine. I looked at her in the eyes and sent her a fake smile, trying to reassure her that I was okay. She sent my back a broken smile.

"W-what h-happened," I said wondering how the heck I ended up back here.

"You don't remember?" My mum asked sounding concerned. I shook my head from side to side as my memory was a little blurry on today's events. My mum signalled for us to both go sit down so I followed as she led us back to the couch. We sat facing each other as she placed her hands on my shoulders and began to rub up and down them. She took a deep breath in and exhaled slowly before speaking.

"Well Justin, you were hurt. I got a call from your school just after your lunch session was finished. One of the teachers found you lying in the back of the lunchroom with blood covering your face. They managed to get you to the nurse's office where she noticed that you were not responsive. You were breathing but knocked unconscious. They say that you will need a few days at home to recover and that you could possibly have internal injuries. They called me as soon as they found you and I left work to go get you. Justin you looked terrible, like in so much pain." My mum paused and she fought back tears when she looked at me. I grabbed her hands and squeezed, letting her know it was okay to continue. "They aren't too sure who did this to you or why but I just got off the phone with the principal. He said they will do an investigation but that is not good enough. Apparently no one saw what happened to you." She paused again looking up to me wiping away tears from her eyes. "Do you know who did this to you?"