Chapter 41

*WARNING... MAY BE NOT ENTIRELY APPROPRIATE FOR ALL READERS*

Justin's POV:

The dial tone beeped into my ear repeatedly as I stood still in fear. My mouth had opened slightly and my breathing became short and heavy. I felt the returning feeling of fear running through my body from the words that Sam had just spoken. My phone slipped out of my hand as I lost the ability to hold it against my ear and began to shake from the fear that was building up inside of me. I didn't know exactly what Sam had meant by hide yourself, and why was he coming over? But I could tell by the tone of his voice that something serious was happening, so I took his advice and began to lock all the doors to ensure my safety.

I turned off all of the lights that were on in the house and hid away in the corner of the lounge room, just behind the lounge. I was stuck between the wall and lounge in a tight position which only made my claustrophobia kick in, but my mind was already too scared to worry about it. I pulled out my phone and turned down the screen brightness, but checked to see if there were any messages from Sam. I locked my phone and held it in my hands, hoping to feel any vibrations if a message were to come through.

All that could be heard throughout the room was the light rustling of trees outsides from the wind, as well as me trying to pathetically control my heavy breaths. I thought more and more about the way Sam had spoken and what he had said. It just didn't make any sense. I hadn't spoken to him properly in a while, on top of that I only saw him at school a few days back when I was with Jason. Why would he now suddenly call me and tell me he needs to talk and that I should hide and be safe.

I thought about the last time I saw Sam and the way that he acted in front of Jason. I recall being overly tired that day and not really paying much attention to him, maybe that was it? All of a sudden it clicked.

Jason.

Sam.

The two together just did not feel right. Their interaction in front of me the other day was off. It was like they had met before, but I had no idea where. I remember seeing Jason tense up when he made eye contact with Sam, and I also remember Sam having this weird look in his eyes, as if they were both sending each other verbal warnings. Had Jason done something to Sam without me knowing about it?

I panicked when I started thinking that I was putting all this trust into Jason, only to have him spit it back out and attack my friend from behind. My mind suddenly shot back to when Sam told me that he got those notes left in his locker. I couldn't remember exactly what they said, but I do remember reading 'Justin is mine... You can't protect him. I want you to know that. I will kill you if you stand between us.'

My heart began to pound rapidly as I thought that I was playing right into Jason's game. Is this exactly what he had planned?

Before I could think anymore I felt a vibration in my hand and a light knock at the front door. I took in a deep breath and my heart began pounding harder by the beat. I somehow built up the courage to check my phone to which I saw I message from Sam.

'I'm out front.'

I sighed in brief relief as I started to make way for the front door, still feeling extremely anxious that someone other than Sam would be at the door. I stopped once I was in front of the door and let out the air that was in my lungs. I dropped my head down to the ground and tried to stop myself from overthinking things right now, I knew it was only Sam at the door. I took a deep breath in one last time before slowly opening the door.

Jason's POV:

"Alright guys I am just letting you know I won't stay all night," I said before I took a bottle of beer out of Ryan hands as he looked at me with a grin written over his face.