Chapter 38

Justin's POV:

"Q-quickly J-Jason w-we w-will be l-late!" I yelled out making sure that Jason was running on time. I have already missed far too much school and really don't want to miss anymore. I still had all of my school books and things in my backpack at Jason's from when he brought me home the other day. Jason had let me burrow a set of clothes for the day and we agreed that I would go back to my house tonight. I missed my mum and I felt so bad for not seeing her in over two days. I made sure to send her a message on my new iPhone that Jason bought me. I was honestly so taken aback from that. I was not expecting to see him do something like that, which is honestly making me wonder if he has actually changed himself.

I was excited to go back to school and see Sam though. I hadn't seen him a quite some time and I really hope that he has been okay while I haven't been there. I am worried that Ryan and Chaz are going to destroy me today and break me down to nothing. I am also worried that Jason's attitude towards me lately has been part of a big ploy just to hurt me and push me over the edge. But I also wonder what is going to happen when Jason and Sam see each other. I still have this weird feeling that Jason is the person that left those threatening notes for Sam, but he did promise me it wasn't him. I hope that they both like each other because Sam became such a good friend to me in my time of need and Jason has shown over the last two days that he actually is a human and not a monster.

"Alright let's get this over and done with," Jason groaned as he walked down the stairs tiredly. He was wearing light blue ripped jeans, a plain white shirt and bright white vans and his hair was messily styled to the side. He walked over to me and pecked his lips against my cheek before taking my hand and leading me out the front door and too his car. Jason pulled out of his driveway and began to make way for school tuning into the radio and bobbing his head along to the music in the background.

We pulled into the entrance to the school and Jason made way for his usual car spot. Instantly as his car drove up the smooth road, all eyes from the students became glued to the car as if he were some popular celebrity. I was thankful that he had tinted windows, but still felt uneasy having all those eyes looking in my way. I sank down into my seat as if that were going to stop everyone from looking at the car. Jason must have noticed this because I heard him let out a sigh in annoyance and mutter under his breath. I looked to him and furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what he said.

"J-Jason?" I asked nervously as I placed my hand over his muscular bicep. His head shot up and he made direct eye contact with me. I stared into his ice blue orbs and felt like I was under some type of trance with him. Jason sucked the corner of his bottom lip in and closed his eyes for a brief moment.

"Justin?" He said calmly as he let out a breath of air. His eyes opened slowly as once again we stared at each other in the eyes. "I know that you don't feel comfortable with all these people staring at you. I'm sorry they do that but just pretend they aren't here okay?" He said trying to convince me that it would be okay. I looked down to the floor of the car a let out a sigh and grabbed my backpack.

"Oh and Justin," Jason said as I moved my hand to unlock the door and leave the car. I hummed at him as I continued my movements. "I won't let anything bad happen okay?"

I rolled my eyes slightly at what Jason said because I knew what the people here are like. They won't stop until I am dead, it's what they all want. I can't really blame them though. If I were to die then I'd be one less problem for people to worry about. I opened the door and out of habit shot my head straight down to the ground. I instantly felt eyes burning into me with pure hatred and judgement and I knew that everyone was talking about how I am back and how I should just die. My stomach felt uneasy and tears built up in my eyes. I took a few steps forward before the usual routine started up.