Chapter 22

Justin's POV:

So many thoughts raced through my head as Jason stared at me with a hopeful smile. He was waiting for my answer and honestly I don't know what to do. The person who has broken me down is asking me to stay with him for a night and he seems to be genuine. My initial thought is to get the heck out of this house before he causes me more pain, but a small part of me wants to stay and give him a chance. I mean sure, he has made it his responsibility to make me feel pain on a daily basis but tonight he has shown a different side of him. To be honest, I like the side of him that he has out right now.

Jason was staring at me raising his eyebrows as if to say 'answer me please'. How bad could it be to stay a night? I mean what harm could it do? I swallowed and closed my eyes taking a deep breath. I opened my eyes and looked into Jason's ice blue eyes. "So what do you say Justin?" Jason paused moving in a little closer to me, "Stay with me?" I could feel his warm breath fan over my face. I must admit, it sent tingles down my spine.

"Y-yes." I stuttered quietly sending him a fake smile. His eyes went wide and a grin grew across his face.

"W-what?" Jason stuttered sounded taken aback, "You mean it?"

"Y-yes J-Jason." I said watching him grow happier with my reply. He moved a little closer to me and stopped leaving only a small gap between our faces. A weird feeling went throughout my body and butterflies filled my stomach. What is wrong with me?

There was a silence in the room, but not of the awkward kind. We stared at each other waiting for someone to say or do something. I heard Jason mutter something under his breath before taking a few steps back and sighing loudly.

"Do you uh ... want some food or something?" He asked rubbing the back of his neck.

"N-no t-thank y-you," I replied quickly not wanting to think about food. I don't want Jason to watch me take a bite of food before vomiting it back up. He crossed his arms over his chest and raised an eyebrow. I looked away not wanting to maintain his gaze. I twiddled my thumbs together and tried to avoid feeling his eyes burn into me. I heard Jason clear his throat and stomp his foot on the floor repeatedly.

"And why would that be Justin? When did you last eat?" He questioned making anxiety build up in me. I don't like talking about the food topic or even mentioning food. Why can't people just take no for an answer? I knew I had to come up with a reply or else he would keep hassling me about it.

"I a-ate b-before I w-went o-out?" I asked as more of a question to myself rather than a reply to him. I looked to him and saw a face of disbelief. A little smirk grew on his face as though he had just caught me in my own lie.

"Mhm and what did you eat?"

Oh sugar. I couldn't think of anything quick enough and I know he knew I was lying about it. "U-um..." I started trying to think of any type of food. I started to shake feeling nervous as Jason raised both eyebrows higher. He leaned in closer to me so his face was next to mine.

"I know you are lying Justin." he said in his raspy tone. "You'll have to do better than that," he whispered against my ear brushing his lips over it. I shivered at his moments and tone of voice. I felt his hands grab my shoulders and he moved himself so that we were once again face to face. "So I will ask again," He continued, "do you want some food."

I dropped my head down feeling anxious. I started to shake from the dreaded feeling that he was giving to me by talking about food. I shook my head from side to side and muttered no repeatedly.

Jason's POV:

Justin sat in front of me shaking and looking panicked for some reason. He looked panicked for some reason and was avoid my question. Maybe this kid is more broken than I thought. But surely it isn't because of me. I tried to calm him down by rubbing my hands up and down his arms slowly and hushing him quietly.