Chapter 30

Sam's POV:

I sat in maths class, which was the last one for the day, waiting for the bell to ring. It was Friday afternoon and to be honest, I am so glad this week is ending. I haven't been able to focus of anything properly. That note I got the other day has made me look around every corner before I turn it and constantly watch over my shoulders. I still have no clue as to how it got in my locker, or the better question of who placed it there. The thought of telling my parents ran through my head, but I decided against it for reasons I don't even know, it just didn't feel like a good idea. All week I have been having this feeling of being watched, whether I am at home or school. I just can't shake this idea that somebody is out to get me. And why? Because I have become friends with Justin and to me, that is just sad. I shouldn't have to be punished for trying to help out somebody should I?

Speaking of Justin, I haven't seen or heard from him at all. His mum did call me and let know that he was sent to hospital from the nurse's office, followed by a message the next day thanking me and explaining that Justin was home and to feel free to visit. That's another thing, after that day and seeing Justin the way he was I was a complete and utter mess. I broke down into tears when my mum picked me up early from school and did not stop crying throughout the night. I barely slept at all and felt sick that people at my school would treat another human being that way. The image of Justin covered in vomit and blood hasn't escaped my head, and every time I think about it, I start to cry. I just want Justin to be happy again.

But I have arranged with Justin's mum to go and visit after school today. I want to check up on him and do everything I can to make him feel happy again. I have been looking forward to it all day, the only problem is that this day is dragging itself out. I pondered whether or not to tell Justin about the letter, but thought in his current state, it would be a bad idea. He already has too much going on, and I don't want to add for that. My ultimate goal for when I see Justin though, is to make him smile and laugh and forget about the whole mess that happened. I want him to realize how truly special I think he is. Is it bad that I think I have a crush on him?

A loud ringing sound drained out all thoughts in my head as I shook my head in shock. It took me a few seconds to snap back to reality and realize that the final bell for school had just sounded. I quickly packed up my textbooks and stationary and exited the classroom wanting to hurry up and get to Justin's house. My mum is picking me up and taking me over as soon as I walk out the front doors. I headed to my locker lifting my hand up to put in my code to unlock it.

Out of nowhere I felt something forced onto my back and my head smashed into the metal door of my locker. Pain rushed through my head as I tried to turn around to see what caused it, but as soon as I went to turn my head, my jaw was met with a hard fist. I fell to the ground groaning in pain. I grasped my jaw with my hands and looked to up to the same boy who was laughing the most at Justin the other day, looking down at me snickering. He was surrounded by a group of people who all had scowl looks on their faces. I cowered against the locker hoping that they would not hurt me anymore. I can only imagine that this is the guy that hurt Justin, and if I were to guess, the person who put the note in my locker. The boy leaned in close to me with an evil grin plastered on his face.

"Watch out for yourself faggot. May I suggest you don't associate with that waste of space fagboy or I will do to you what I did to him," he whispered coldly. He pulled away from me and sent me a wink. I sat in pure fear at what these people might do to me.

"Y-you..." I stuttered fumbling to speak, "you hurt J-Justin?" I asked shakily.

The boy started to laugh hysterically, like a crazy person. He turned to his group and continued to laugh loudly. "He named the faggot Justin," he said bursting out in a louder and insane laugh. The boy stopped laughing suddenly and turned to me. "Yes I did, and if you don't stop being around him you will get hurt."