Chapter 39

Cassandra's POV:

His question made me falter,i struggled to come up with a reasonable explanation but came up blank,"What are you suggesting?"I asked quietly.

Alec sighed and tugged a hand through his hair,"I know you don't want to consider the possibility,but your sister might be a trap"

I glared at the ground briefly before looking up at him,"And how do you know i'm not a trap too?"i asked him.He visibly swallowed before saying in a murmur,"I don't"

"But you can't be,it makes no sense"He said loudly,"It makes perfect sense"i retorted."This proves you're not a trap"he suddenly said."Huh?"i asked confused.

"A trap wouldn't try to convince me she is a trap"he said triumph.I raised an eyebrow,"I would have thought you would jump at a reason to exterminate me"i said

"How are we gonna deal with your sister?"he asked ignoring my previous statement.I glared at him,"Are you sure you're not saying that because of your prejudice over vampires?"

He clenched his jaw and said,"i am not prejudice"I scoffed,"says the alpha who kills vampires"

"Vampires kill werewolves too so you have as much blood on your hands as i do on mine"he snarled."We stopped centuries ago,but you lot haven't"I snapped

"Is that what they tell you?"Alec said eyes blazing with fury."Two rogues were killed by vampires four weeks ago,five pack members attacked two weeks back"

My eyes widened,"They were rogues"I said weakly."And that justifies it?"he asked a growl rumbling from his chest."You can't be talking!You were planning on killing me"i snapped.

"You were on my territory in my pack house,i had a pretty good reason"He snarled."Oh yeah,then what is your reason for saving me?"

"I need you alive to get my sister"he said after taking a deep breath."It seems to me you can do that just fine by yourself"i said turning my head away."If i could i would"he said.

"Is the big bad wolf admitting weakness?"i asked and couldnt help the teasing tone."i am not weak for asking for help when i need it"he said.

I snorted,"Took you long enough to figure that out"He rolled his eyes but then became serious again."So,about your sister"he started.

"We will cross that bridge when we get to it"i said not wanting to think or talk about the fact that my sister might be a traitor.

He sighed but seemed to understand.Letting my mind wander was an easy thing to do especially in the silence that enveloped the room.

"Where is my sister?"i finally asked."I think-"he was interrupted by a loud knock on the door."Cassandra,you awake?"came the hushed voice of my sister from the other side of the door.

"Speak of the devil and she shall appear"Alec muttered as he stood up to open the door.He opened it to a very surprised looking jane,"Oh, alpha!"she exclaimed."I didn't know you were in here,i would come back later if you two are busy"she said.

"No need for that,i was just leaving"Alec said,"Business to take care of"he added as he attempted to step out but jane was in the way.

"Excuse me"He said,"Oh,right! sorry"jane said with a nervous sounding chuckle.But i could see she still wasn't moving,"Can you please move?"Alec asked seeming a bit irritated.

"Sorry"she said once again,but this time she moved back so alec could walk out.Once alec was out of sight,she walked in and occupied the seat beside me.

"How are you doing?"she asked,but i barely heard her,all i could think of was the fact she might be a traitor.

-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N:Good news,i'm not dead.

So sorry for the very late update,i've just had a very killer writers block,i'm still suffering from it so this chapter is hardly interesting.

Anyways,welcome new readers and thanks for the votes.Also,thanks old readers for sticking with this story.