~Cursed?~

Taeyeon's P.O.V.

I gentle smile graced upon my lips as I dipped my hand in the cold but calm lake near the palace, it was very beautiful, I wish I had found this place sooner. There were small plants surrounding the lake and then some big and tall trees we're planted before you reached the lake, there were some flowers and some beautiful butterflies dancing around the whole paradise. I wish I was someone who posseses all these wonderful traits... but sadly... I don't.

"Crowned princess, what are you doing here?" I stood up while wipping my wet hands on the handkerchief Court Lady Boa gave me, Court Lady Miyoung was one who asked me. I have 15 court ladies who kept on following me where ever I go, but only Court Lady Miyoung, Court Lady Boa and Court Lady Seohyun are given the privelage to talk to me while the others are just going to follow my orders and as well as those 3 main court ladies.

"I just wanted to have some fresh air" I smiled slightly although they wouldn't even see it, I fixed my hat that is placed on top of my head to make sure that my eyes are really covered, all my court ladies bowed their head as a sign of respect and also because they're scared of me. I heaved a sigh when I noticed that half of the court ladies were still uncomfortable when they're around me, it doesn't matter though as long as Seohyun, Miyoung and Boa are here by my side.

"But you need to tell us next time princess, Songyi mama will get mad at us. Why don't you just wait in your chamber and we'll deliver your breakfast there" Court Lady Seohyun suggested, everytime I wanted to go out they just kept on telling me to go inside my chamber so no one will attack me since I'm the crowned princess. Well, I'm not really a crowned princess but they just kept on calling me that because I'm going to marry their crowned prince.

"I'm not hungry" I am hungry but, I don't want to be locked inside my chamber again. Sure they want to secure my safey but... locking me up everyday? isn't that an abuse? I'm a human too, I should be free but... they don't see me as a human. They see me as a monster who will kill them if they're going to stare right back at me.

"But princess, you need to eat. Your's and the crowned prince's coronation is already set next week, you shouldn't be unhealthy and weak" The conoration is already going to be held next week. After a week, I'm going to suffer more.

"They wouldn't even look at me nor honor me" I uttered under my breath and I'm sure my 3 court ladies heard that, they looked at me in sympathy and just lowered their head. I gave this beautiful place a one last look before looking back at my court ladies, I'm surely going to miss this place.

"I'm going" I spoke and they immediately created a path for me to walk on and then Miyoung, Seohyun and Boa followed me back to my chamber. When I walked towards the palace, everyone lowered their head knowing that I might kill them. I shooked my head but I momentarily stoped when I felt a strange presence looking at me, I looked on tha direction and saw Prince Baekhyun.

The crowned prince.

He stared at me for a while then he immediately went towards the King's chamber, I think the king called him for a meeting. I'm sure he didn't even knew that I was staring that him because of the huge hat I have on top of my head. It's better this way. I shouldn't have agreed to do this. I settled back into my chamber and sat on the soft mattress laid on the floor, everyday, I kept on staring at an empty space. Then out of a sudden, I heard a knock behind the sliding door.

"Princess Taeyeon, Songyi Mama wants to talk to you" Seohyun spoke up, why is she visiting me early in the morning?

"Kindly send her in" Then after a few minutes, Songyi Mama, the queen, and Baekhyun's mother appeared with a smile. I immediately stood up from the mattress giving her a space to sit on my cushion since it's a sign of respect when someone who has a higher rank than you visited you in your chamber.

"Songyi mama, what brings you here?" I asked once the both of us had already settled down, a gentle smile never left her lips.

"How was your day?" She asked while holding my hand that is placed on top of the table that is separating us, she used to visit me at night before I fall asleep. She'll asked what happened during that day, if I needed some assistance, if I wanted to go out. Actually, she's more like a mother to me than a queen. She's not tht typical queen who mistreats everyone around her and treat them as her slave. She's... just a mother. A mother figure, I wanted to have somewhat.

"It's good" I lied, who would even feel good if you were just locked inside your chamber all day?

"Is my son still ignoring you?" I pursed my lips when Songyi mama asked that, I don't want her to feel burdened knowing that her son isn't treating his wife the way he should be. But I also don't want to lie to her, I'll feel bad especially when all she ever did is to be good to me.

"Taeyeon" Songyi Mama warned me using her voice.

"Who wouldn't? I'm a cursed princess and yet you still chose me to marry the crowned prince, I can't bear the honor of carrying the crowned prince's son. Everyone will think lowly of my child and they wouldn't treat him like he's the crowned prince in the next generation. It's better if Lady Yuri carries the next crowned prince" I argued. I was a cursed princess. Everyone believed that I could kill them and turn them as ice if they looked directly at my eyes. I don't even understand why I'm cursed, but they said my ancestors cursed me. Why would they even do that? Why do they kept on believing lies?

"Princess Taeyeon, don't think lowly of yourself. You're not cursed, if you are then I would have been frozen right now since I'm staring directly at your eyes" I lowered my head in shame when I started rattling words infront of the queen, I should respect her.

"And what did I saw about using this hat? I told you to remove it don't you? Why aren't you listening to me?" Songyi Mama took the hat away from me and held my chin, I stared at her calm brown orbs and noticed that she's not frozen.

"Don't let other's opinion change you, just be yourself and everyone will accept you" I shooked my head once more.

"I'm a cursed princess, why would they accept me if they're scared at me?"

"Taeyeon-"

"Songyi Mama, Seunghun Jeonha is waiting for you outside" Songyi mama was about to speak when Court Lady Boa knocked on my sliding door and shouted.

"Songyi Mama, it's time for you to go" I gave her a small smile and accompanied her towards the door, she gave me a tight hug before she finally went out of my chamber.

"Songyi what took you so long?" I heard Seunghun Jeonha, the king asked his concubine.

"Jeonha, I had to talk to the crowned princess today. Court Lady Seohyun told me what happened to Princess Taeyeon today, she's trying to hold herself back from being the new queen"

"Then that's a problem my queen, their coronation is already planned next week"

"I know that Jeonha, but Taeyeon wouldn't really listen" I shooked my head and a small smile appeared on my lips, I wish I could have a husband like Seunhun Jeonha, they're both happy.

"Let her think, she needs space. I'm sure if you're also in her position, you would really feel devastated"

"I just hope that she'll made up her mind, I know she's smart"