~The Dark Knight~

Chorong's P.O.V.

"Why do I feel so restless today? I never did anything so tiring?" You'll think I'm crazy as I'm currently talking to myself as I lie down on my mattress, it was already night but I still couldn't sleep. I don't know why but it seems like I'm still hyped and energetic, though I can't just bother to wake all my court ladies just because I have very simple problem.

"Shall I sneak out for a bit? For sure the palace guards wouldn't see me as I sneak out" That was the evil plan that appeared in my mind, and since I'm also a pretty reckless princess, I snuck out of my chamber and went to watch the stars above. I gently opened my chamber's door and sighed in relief when I saw no palace guards near my chamber, I would've freaked out by then.

"Well look what I have here" Someone spoke which me flinch suddenly, I jumped and almost screamed. A black figure suddenly appeared in the middle of no where infront of me, well actually he jumped down... from the roof of my chaber?! What the heck is he doing there?!

"You surprised me! What are you doing in my property? Aren't you suposed to be asleep now? And why were you on the roof?!" I exclaimed as he slowly backed from me, it was Mark, the american soldier, who was on my roof with a reason I don't really quite understand.

"I think I should ask that to you Princess, we are the royal guards who are always shifting work because of all the royal members of this country. We expect all of you to be asleep even before the sky gets dark so why are you sneaking out of the palace at this hour?

"Where did you came from? I thought you were a ghost for a second, don't do that ever again" A small smile appeared on the mischeivous soldiers face and nods his head, obviously trying to listen to my words.

"But that's not the answer to my question your majesty, but I will still answer yours to give my respect. I was a climber and can be a spy, I sat on top of your chamber's roof so any attackers wouldn't see me as they do their job in harming you" So all the soldiers are actually smart to even fool a princess like me, I thought there was no soldier watching over me but there was one on the roof.

"I don't think all the palace guards are like you, they'll just walk around the chamber to ensure the safety of the royal family but you still want to do some thumbings and even hurt yourself"

"Do you think I'm showing off? My Princess forgive me but I'm a very introvert person so showing off infront of a high ranked member of this nation is very much impossible for me to do, now please answer my question" Oh, and the young handsome man is also too smart for my liking, he's very persistent that I thought he is.

"I felt bored, so I wanted to go out. I never really saw what's behind those big walls there, the Queen and Princess Juhyun always wanted to go back there specially the Crowned Prince, I wanted to know what's beyong those walls. Why they want to go back and to know what's the people's problems there" Mark stared at the walls I pointed on to and gently smiled, I was stilled as he looked so handsome when smiling..

"You seemed to be avery thoughtful Princess, but sneaking out of the palace won't do good to yourself. You might not know this because Princess Sooyeon asked me and one of my fellow not to tell any high ranked official but I know you wouldn't tell anyone about this incident. She ran away yesterday with her horse, going out of the palace without no court ladies not royal palace guards, she pleads to us not to follow her but promised that she'll be back in no time"

"You let her leave all alone? Why? It's dangerous outside" My sister, Princess Sooyeon isn't really a reckless princess, she wouldn't do such a thing... unless it's important to her... or holds something really significant to her... but what might that be?

"You said it yourself Princess Chorong, it is dangerous but, do you know what made me so surprised? She came back with the same flower she had when we found her in the lake"

"She had another encounter with the Chinese Prince?" This is bad, Princess Sooyeon knows something about the Chinese Prince but she's not saying anything to us.

"I think so, that means he's still here in our nation and is just waiting for Princess Sooyeon to do something. That flower serves as a message but no one knows what it means except for the Queen and maybe Princess Sooyeon herself" Mark spoke, I never knew he can be so obervant like this, he's becoming more and more attractive to me.

"I think it's time for you to sleep Princess, I'll be doing my duty in guarding you so please don't be scared" He's even thoughtful, how can a man have all these wonderful qualities?.

"You're making me feel so comfortable and calm when I'm with you, thank you for being my protector and also a friend"

"Good night Princess Chorong" With a smile coming from him, I began to feel happy and special, I guess I'm going to have a good night then.