~Problem~

Songyi's P.O.V.

I was lying on my bed as I closed my eyes and slept there peacefully. My head was pounding earlier and it seems like I won't have the power to walk around anymore, my legs are unexpectedly weak today and I don't even know why. I dreamt of a child, a royal child who will change everyone. But who could that be? Yesterday, I urged all of my daughter's and the wife of my son's, who are married of course, to have a test if they're already bearing a child. At first they would look at me in question but I didn't mind though, I wanted to know who that child is. I my eyes were wondering around my new room when a knock came on the door, I hastily sat up and closed my eyes as I suddenly began to get more dizzy.

"Queen, I'm here to tell you the devastating news about Queen Taeyeon's new rules" Lady Soojung, a very loyal and friendly court lady I have entered my room and immediately told me the news, I ordered her to go out of the palace and observe how the villagers treat the new queen now. It's been a week after the coronation of Queen Taeyeon and King Baekhyun so I expect a very good news to that.

"What is it court lady Soojung?" I asked her as she gave me a glass of water, knowing that I'm feeling a bit sick. It's been 3 days since I  felt being healthy again, they tried to push me to the royal physician but I just kept on running away. I'm sure my sickness would get healed if I just rest. Somehow passing the throne to my son and his wife made me feel proud, not only because he's my son but because I finally have the time to rest and heal myself from all the stress I felt when I was the queen.

"The villagers aren't doing the things in the new queen's rule. Everyone was disrespecting her even the prime ministers King Baekhyun was talking to earlier" Court lady Jinri, another assistant of mine said as she shortly arrived with Court lady Mia at the door. I then ordered then to go and observe the people inside the palace since I still have a control on the three of them, Taeyeon insisted on changing her own court ladies so she told me to have the same set of court ladies I had when I saw a queen.

"No one wanted to follow the rule of a new cheap queen" Court lady Mia muttered but I head her saying that, it doesn't surprise me though. I expected that from the very start.

"Your words Court lady Mia" Court lady Soojung said as she nudged the latter's waist but the latter one just scoffs and forgot that I was still talking to them and hearing their conversation.

"Why? It's true isn't it? She's a monster. Why would you even wed your son to a cursed princess? Is she really a princess? Or she's just faking it so she can have the throne?" I got pissed when I heard how impolite she was in addressing the new Queen. She was supposed to respect her and not tell false and baseless stories inside nor outside the palace.

"And you? Don't you want the throne as well?" I asked her as she finally looked at me in a very challenging way. Don't act like you are in a higher rank as me, be arrogant if you can already be the Queen.

"I knew you were planning something against my son when you first came here, you wanted us to believe that something happened to the both of you so you can be his concubine. I saw you putting a drug on his drink, you wanted to play with our powers during our celebration. It was his birthday that time and you planned it with no hesitation." I answered her firmly as I gave her a very breath taking and full of hatred kind of glare. She was shifting uncomfortably on her spot but her eyes even showed determination that she wouldn't just back off like that.

"What are you taking about?" She uttered as she rolled her eyes. Why? The cat caught her tounge? Why didn't she defend herself though? Shouldn't she worry about her rank as of now?

"Respect to the queen" Court lady Luna said, basically I have four main court ladies. Court lady Luna is my protector, court lady Jinri is my peace maker and court lady Soojung is like a daughter to me. I was never close to court lady Mia just because of the thing she did which almost killed the crowned prince and became a threat to the crowned princess, Taeyeon.

"She's no longer the queen so I don't need to give her respect because she doesn't deserve to" She answer as if she won a big sum of gold. I never liked her knowing that she will only make one of our lives miserable.

"And do you think you deserved the title? Did I ever told you that Taeyeon was the one who suffered just because of your greediness to have the throne?" The four court ladies looked at me in confusion and in shock as Mia, just rolled her eyes after that.

" Queen Taeyeon was the one who drank King Baekhyun's drink that time, she risked her life knowing that my son could get killed because we don't know what kind of drug you gave him. She was the one who suffered and she was also the one who saved you from getting killed." Deep inside, I know that she's happy when she learned that Taeyeon was the one who was supposed to get poisoned. She basically threatened the crowned princess and the crowned prince as well since he is the primary target.

"She was the one who begged me to stop ordering the guards to stop giving you poisonous foods so that you can die peacefully without anyone knowing. She was the one who saved your life even before you got to be in your rank, infact she was the one who ordained you to be in your position now. She suffered a lot when she was a kid and now she was still suffering because of a very baseless rumors about the stone and ancestral witch? Queen Taeyeon is the right one for my son for I know that a big heart always deceives evil"  She got shocked when I revealed everything from the start, I really did try to poison her for two weeks but Taeyeon asked me to stop on the second day knowing that I wouldn't be respected anymore.

"Don't ever show your face to me starting today, I don't want you to go anywhere near the King nor the Queen. Your rank will get lower and you're assigned to take care of the kitchen starting tomorrow" I uttered as I gave her a slap on her face, the three court ladies looked at me in shock but they immediately dragged the betrayer away from me. I gathered all my strength and walked out of my room.

"Queen Dowager, where are we going?" Court lady Soojung asked as she looked at me in shock when I told them what happened when I had a talk with her.

"I need to have a talk with the queen" I ordered them as they tried stopping me from moving further away from my own chamber.

"But you're dizzy right? You're sick so we need to let you rest" Court lady Jinri said as she held my hand and tried to gently push me back inside my chamber but I shooked my head and remained firm in my decision.

"I need to see the Queen, I know she needs me today" I was Taeyeon's guide and teacher when she was staying here in the palace, I made sure that I will visit her everyday and take care of her whenever she needs me. And today, I'm very certain that she needs someone to be with her, she needs me and I know it.

"But queen Dowager-"

"What's happening here?" Before Court lady Luna disapproves, they heard a voice which sounded so familiar to me.

"Jeonha" All my court ladies bowed their head in respect while I turned around and looked at him helplessly.

"What's happening here my love?" He asked me as he caressed my face and stared at me lovingly, my court ladies bowed their head while others looked everywhere just to give us our privacy.

"I need to see Queen Taeyeon, she needs my help today" I murmured and closed my eyes as he enveloped me on a hug.

"Leave us" He ordered my court ladies.

"Yes, Jeonha" They all said in unison as they immediately dispersed from our sight, once we made sure that no one is eavesdropping on our conversation, the dethroned king immediately kissed my forhead.

"I know that she's having a hard time dealing with the new position and even the people who disrespects her. I know you're worried and all but let her handle her own problem"

"I can't just stay here and do nothing!" I argued, Taeyeon is now the queen and the wife of my son, I could take care of her even more .

"But Baekhyun would do something" He added

"How sure are you? Have you ever seen him talking to her like she's her wife? Have you ever seen him protecting her against the talkative and blabbering mouths of our palace court ladies here?"

"How sure are you that Baekhyun would love her the way she wanted to be?"

"I know what you're talking about. I know that our son wouldn't love her that easy but he will learn how to, he doesn't have a cold heart. He was just trying to protect himself from being harmed" He answered.

"And that's by hurting other people? By hurting the girl who loved him? Letting her feel the pain instead of protecting her?"