~Lies and Love~

Hayoung's P.O.V.

"When will this palace be safe? I don't understand why there needs to be a war between the three kingdoms" Lady Jung spoke, all of us courtladies are gathered in the kitchen as we talked about how scary it is here in the palace now, it seems like everything is dangeruos these days and there is no place safe anymore.

"You're right Court lady Jung, war will not solve everything but we can't do anything but wait and see what the King and Queen will do" I spoke, it's up to the both of them on how we can be saved, it's their decision whether to fight back or not.

"Princess Sooyeon's carriage was ambushed, Princess Ahyoung is missing and now, Princess Juhyun's past village was attacked. Do you think this has to do something with the Chinese and Japanese invaders?" Lady Seo then asked, everyone is worried not only for their own life for for the lives of their family and the royal family of course.

"Well let's see what will happen, all we can ever do now is to hope and wish that everything will be fine"

"I'm just relieved that Crowned Prince Chanyoung and Prince Taeoh is safe, as of now their both our main priority" Lady Jung, the head court lady and the one who is always assigned to take care of the two prince's spoke.

"Prince Jonhyun refuses to eat, I think he's also worried for Princess Ahyoung. We need to find her before another attack will happen" Even the prince refuses to eat, the royal family is in a great chaos now, if they won't act now then maybe things will get more worse.

"I hope Court lady Min and Yoon will get completely healed, we should also always be careful, we have no idea what plan the enemies are thinking. We might also be poisoned like what happened to Court lady Min and Yoon"

"Court lady Jung" We turned our head towards Eunch Taehyung who looked really worried and looked like as if he was running from a place to here.

"What brought you here eunch Taehyung? Is there something we can do for you?" Lady Jung asked as we then started doing our work again, our resting time is over and we should serve the royal family now.

"There is and i'd gladly be happy if you can do it for me" Said Eunch Taehyung.

"Then what can we do to help you?" I heard lady Jung asked as I went to the herbs section and started checking each one if they can still be used or not.

"Prince Jungkook is sick, according to the royal physician he's not poisoned nor have a deadly disease, he just needs to be taken care of and will be given herbs to improve his health regularly"

First, the Princess Sooyeon's carriage was ambushed, second, Princess Ahyoung was kidnapped, third, Princess Juhyun's past village was burnt, third, Prince Jonghyun refuses to eat and then now one Prince Jungkook is sick? What on earth is happening inside the palace?

"Court Lady Hayoung knows all herbs the best, she can take care of the prince. For sure Prince Jungkook will be fine in no time" Lady Jung then said as they walked towards me and presented me to Eunch Taehyung... wait... Prince Jungkook? He has the same name as the Prime Minister I know... is that just a coincidence?

"Very well, please follow me"

I first took all the herbs I might use as I'll examine what kind of sickness the prince have, I also took all the liquid herbs that were boiled for 2 hours so the herb can easily be intake. Then Eunch Taehyung led me towards the prince's chamber where he might be resting inside.

"Please take care of the prince for me, I don't want to see him in pain like that especially when the whole royal family can be chosen as the next target" He spoke to me before we could even enter the prince's chamber, I know how everyone is feeling anxious but we should also still have faith at the queen and king and hope that nothing and no one will ever be hurt again.

"Prince Jungkook, this is Eunch Kim I'll let one court lady in your chamber to attend to your needs" The prince didn't answer so Eunch Taehyung just opened the door for me and helped me in carrying the herbs in my hand.

I took a sit beside the prince who was lyin on his back, I couldn't properly see his face as I was wearing a cloth to cover my nose and mouth to have protection. I then started to arrange all the herbs and turned to look at the prince who then turned his head to me....

"What herbs can you possibly give to me? I'm starting to get more weak and my cough are getting a bit more severe" That voice.... I turned to look at him and is surprised to see who it was...

"You're a prince?"

The prince opened his eyes and stared curiously at me, a tear slowly fell from my eye as I realized that he made me a fool as he said every lie he knows and I believed him... his hand slowly moved up and gently tugged the cloth wrapped around my nose and mouth...

"Hayoung-"

"Why did you lie? How can you lie to me after all those things I've said to you?" I questioned him as tears kept on flowing from my eyes.

"Would you even want to get close to a prince like me? You refused to be with me when I disguised myself as a Prime Minister, how much more if I presented myself as the real prince? You hated to be in a relationship with a high ranked official because you don't want people to misunderstand you-"

"Take this herbs, it'll make you feel better" I said to him and was about to stand up when he held my arm, I used force to pull away from him and starte crying more.

"Hayoung-"

"I don't hate you for lying, instead I made myself a fool by believing in your words than my fellow court ladies. It's not that I don't want people to misunderstand, how can a lowly servant like me be the person who will be the better half of a prince like you?"