~A Bond~

Jongin's P.O.V.

I walked around the palace, hoping to atleast be entertained by the garden here at the palace. I heard one servant alarming the whole palace guards that there's a lead towards the place where the Chinese Prince is hidding, now they're all on the hunt for the Prince.

"Hey there crowned prince" I smiled and greeted prince Taeoh, he was just alone playing inside the palace garden. I forgot the prince's chambers are actually placed near the main palace garden, Prince Chanyoung may also come here and play.

"Oh?, Annyeonghaseyeo Prince Jongin" He greeted me with a small giggle, there was a small butterfly that landed on his arrow that was already set on the bow but when he turned to me the butterfly flew away and the arrow was also set free. Landing straight at the red hole in the target, surprising me.

"It's nice to see the crowned prince practicing archery, are you perhaps preparing to be the King?" But one question keeps on bothering me, King Baekhyun never like to play with arrows even when we are young. He likes holding swords more but then how come Taeoh can shoot the arrow perfectly?

"Crowned prince? But Chanyoung isn't here" Answered the prince while looking around looking a bit cute, though his statement made me too confused.

"What? Are you okay Taeoh? What are you saying?"

"Can you promise me that you won't tell this to anybody?" He inched closer to me so I bend on my knees so I can level his height, he looked at our surroundings first making sure that our court ladies are far away from us.

"My mother told me that i'm not the crowned prince, I know that the King was happy to have me but the way the King treats his son like nothing is very hard for me and my mom. The king isn't my-"

"Taeoh" Consort Yuri's powerful voice had cutted off Taeoh's words, he inched away from me and looked fearfully at his mom. Eversince Yuri had become a consort, she began to be distant and had been avoiding me until this day.

"Eomma..."

"What did I tell you about this?!" Yuri took a stride to go closer to Taeoh and turned his body to her, she was bending her knees to level herself to talk with Taeoh.

"Sorry Eomma" He was already close to tears and his head was already bent down because he can't look at Yuri anymore, but I couldn't help but to interrupt at their conversation.

"Yuri don't get angry at the child, it's not his fault-"

"Ofcourse it's not his because it's you whose at fault!" I was stunned when Yuri shouted at me, I've never seen her get angry at someone with no acceptable nor valueable reason.

"Yuri why are you acting like this? Is there something wrong?" I can't help but question her more, she began to clam down once I asked her that. Taeoh was just looking at his mom in question.

"Don't go near Taeoh ever again, and if you'll ever do... I don't know how to treat you anymore" She then held Taeoh's hand and started dragging him away from me, Taeoh looked at me with tears in his eyes as if he's asking me to stop Yuri from taking him away from me.

"Why can't I get close to my nephew? Taeoh is still related to me so you can't just order me to stay away from him, he's the prince and I will treat him good" Yuri stopped walking as she passed before me and looked so perplexed, I couldn't read her emotions at all she turned to me with a stone face reaction.

"Just stay away from him, I don't want to see you ever going near Taeoh. This will be the first and last time you'll ever see him" She adddd then continued talking Taeoh, I couldn't believe that she's ordering me now just because she wants me to not be with his son.

"Yuri! Don't be like that and talk to me-" I turned around, attempting to stop Yuri again so we can have a proper conversation.

I couldn't just let her command me things I hate without any reason especially when it's about Taeoh, he's my nephew so it's really puzzling for me why she wants me to stay away from Taeoh.

"Queen Taeyeon" Yuri greeted her once we both saw her standing at the bridge connecting the main garden from the Queen's chamber, she immediately saw Taeoh and looked at Yuri in alarm then she turned to me.

"I'd like to have a talk with Consort Yuri, can I borrow her for a while Prince Jongin?" My eyes turned to Yuri who was still looking at the Queen with question, I couldn't just say yes when Yuri is hesistant to leave Taeoh with me.

"Don't worry, we'll leave Prince Taeoh in your care. You'll be able to take care of him for the mean time right?" The queen added but there's still some uncertaincy left in me.

"Queen Taeyeon" Yuri keeps on refusing.

"I believe I still need to talk, let Prince Taeoh have a bond with Prince Jongin. Follow me" Since it was a queen's command, Yuri can't help but to follow her, I kept on looking at Taeoh who was looking so innocent. Without any warning, Taeoh immediately ran towrds me and wrapped his small arms on my legs.

"Prince Taeoh? Are you okay?" My heart fluttered at his action then when I turned to Yuri, I saw a glimpse of a fallen tear on her cheek. She's not telling me something is she? There's a reason why she doesn't want me to go near Taeoh.

"I don't understand why my mom doesn't want me to be close to you, I just want to be with you but she refuses my wish. I want to be with Abbeoji" The prince mumbled as I kneelled infront of him hugged him tighter, I feel so happy when I'm with Taeoh. It seems like... he's someone important to me...

Yuri's P.O.V.

"Queen Taeyeon" I was so surprised to see the Queen watching the whole scene, she looked at me, to Taeoh and to Prince Jongin, who I'm sure is still confused on what's happening now.

"I believe I still need to talk, let Prince Taeoh have a bond with Prince Jongin. Follow me" Without any word coming from me, Taeoh ran towards Prince Jongin and wrapped his arms around his legs. A tear slowly fell from my eye as I felt bad... at their first encounter...

Prince Jongin looked at me in which I immediately turned around and followed Queen Taeyeon on where she went, I crossed the bridge and saw her waiting for me behind the stone wall.

"Prince Taeoh? Are you okay?" Then I heard Prince Jongin's voice even from this distace, the queen looked at me with a small smile as we continued listening to their talk.

"I don't understand why eommoni doesn't want me to be close to you, I just want to be with you but she refuses my wish. I want to be with Abbeoji" Cried Taeoh, I looked down on the ground in shame as I heard what my son had said. I can't believe I'm taking my own son's happiness away from him.

Then out of the blue, Queen Taeyeon held my hand which caused me to look at her.

"Let him know, Taeoh deserves to be with his father even if consequences may come in your way. I will help you the way the King also helped you 6 years ago, just be happy and I will protect you and Taeoh even if it means risking my life"

"Your Majesty" I tried refusing because her name will only be placed in danger and many people are going to backlash her if she'll protect me. But at the same time, I want this lies to end.

"I'm going to clear your name Yuri, I'm going to let you and Taeoh be happy together with Jongin, his dad"