Facetime

It was just a Sunday afternoon. I was face timing with my best friend Carl. We were talking about a huge test that was coming up the next day at school.
  "Have you even studied for it at all yet?" Carl asked me.
  "Dude I've been studying my ass off! I'm probably still gonna fail anyway I don't understand it at all. What about you?" I asked him.
  "Barley. I would've loved to study for it more but I had to help my dad a lot lately," he told me.
  "Help him with what?"
  "He wants to surprise my mom on her birthday buy redoing the kitchen since she's away in Florida right now,"
  I then saw someone walking behind him. It was kind of hard to tell who it was since it was just on my phone screen, so I figured it was his dad.
  "I thought you said you were home alone?" I asked him.
  "I am,"
  "Then why is your dad behind you..."
  The man then walked up to Carl.
  "MITCH!" He yelled my name. He looked at me with his eyes widened in fear. He looked completely shocked and terrified.
  In that moment I didn't know what to do. I wanted to just crawl through my phone and save him.
  I yelled his name, panicking and trying to figure out what to do before the man shot him in the head.
  I cried in fear. I just watched my best friend get murdered. The man turned to Carl's phone, and said to me:
  "Don't tell anyone or else you'll be next,"