The bird in the tree

I'll admit it. I get paranoid extremely easily. There's no doubt about it. But now I have more reason then ever to be this way.
  Since I've always been paranoid easily, I spent a lot of time secluded in my room. I didn't go outdoors much and I never really hang out with many people. Although sometimes I did have to leave house, for example when I had to go to work. I was working only a part time job and I wasn't making very much money. I absolutely dreaded work.
  One day when I was on my way home from work in the middle of the night, I saw that there was a little figure in the tree in front of my house. It was a bird sitting in the tree, watching my every move. It was just a small black bird. I knew that it was just a bird and tried not to get paranoid about it, but there was just something strange about the way it was watching me...
  I noticed that every night, in fact only at night, I would see the same bird in the same exact spot watching me. It was strange, I even tried to get close to the bird to scare it away, but it just remained there staring at me. I hated the feeling of being watched, even if it was just a bird. I noticed that it was even staring into my room when I was sleeping at night but by morning it would be gone.
  I was honestly getting sick of the bird staking me, so I decided to get a cat to scare it away. I actually didn't mind having a cat, it made me feel safe at night and stroking it's fur was extremely soothing.
  I noticed that one night my cat was sitting at the window, staring at the bird. I was pretty happy about this, I was thinking that maybe I would finally be able to get rid of that annoyingly creepy bird. I feel asleep easily that night.
  I woke up the next morning with a good night's rest and realized that my cat was no longer staring at the window. I thought that maybe my cat actually took care of that damn bird.
  I looked around my house to see if my cat was covered in the blood of the bird so I could clean the blood off her and give her a treat for her good work. But I couldn't find her anywhere. I looked outside in front of the tree to see if she was there. All I saw was blood and a couple of scratches on the tree that definitely weren't there before. I felt relieved to know that the bird couldn't stalk me anymore. But there was no sign of my cat...
  I was upset when I didn't see my cat all day, but I had to go to work. I thought that maybe she would show up by the time I would get back. At least that's what I was hoping.
  When I arrived home I was horrified to see the bird staring at me in the tree covered in blood...