Peacefulness

All I wanted was some peacefulness from my stressful life. I often took walks in the woods to relieve my stress. It was just so peaceful and quiet. Usually the only sounds I heard was the singing birds, the wind against the trees, and my own footsteps.
  One day as I took my daily walk, I heard nothing but screaming. I couldn't hear the birds, the wind, not even my own footsteps. The screams only seemed to grow louder. The screams didn't stop until the moment I left those woods. It just stopped so suddenly. I'm convinced that those were the voices of the dead. I've even tried going into those woods again, but the screaming continued. I longer had  the peacefulness I use to enjoy so much.
  It only went downhill from there. I no longer felt peacefulness. The screams constantly filled my head. When I was working, eating, and even in my sleeping the screaming continued. Of course, I was going insane. I didn't know who was screaming and why I was constantly hearing it.
  It eventually ended my life. I just couldn't take it anymore. However, I did find the answer to my question. Now that I was no longer alive, I could see all of the screaming people. Of course I was terrified, and I joined in on the screaming. No more peacefulness.