The cut

Cuts are normal. We all get a little cut or scratch now and then. We pretty much always have at least one on our bodies.
  A young girl and her mother thought this as well. One day when the little girl was outside playing, she came inside and her mother noticed a small cut on her nose. She didn't think much of it, especially since it was so small and thin. They carried on with their day like they usually would.
  The next morning, the little girl got out of bed and went straight to the kitchen for breakfast. Her mother set a small plate of eggs and toast with a glass of milk in front of her. That's when her mother noticed that the little cut on her nose was gone. Although now there was a similar cut above her eyebrow. Her mom raised an eyebrow, but then forgot about it. She figured that the tiny cut just healed really fast and then he managed to scratch herself or something. Besides, kids were always getting unknown little cuts on them. Most of the time, the kids didn't even realize it anyway. Her mother put the dish in the sink once her daughter was done eating then let her go play.
  Everything was normal throughout the morning until her mother called her in for lunch. The little girl ran inside with a grin and sat down. Her mother stopped. Now the cut above her eyebrow was gone, but there was a new tiny cut on her chin. Her mother was now beginning to question it.
  She sat down a bowl of macaroni and cheese for her daughter, before sitting down beside her. Her daughter happily began eating her meal.
  "Honey, I've noticed you've been getting a few scratches," she started. "Have you been getting hurt?"
  Her daughter then slightly lifted her head with a curious look on her face.
  "No, mommy. I didn't know I had a cut," she said innocently as she took another bite.
  "Oh ok, honey. Keep eating your lunch," her mother smiled as she walked out of the kitchen.
  She felt puzzled. She knew that some small cuts could heal pretty quick, but there was no way it could just disappear within only a few hours. Not only that, but the cuts had all been around the same size. She was starting to feel worried, but ate knew she couldn't get her daughter worked up.
   Once she tucked in her daughter to bed, the cut was gone once again. She quickly started moving her eyes around her body, until she noticed a slightly bigger cut on her neck. She gently rubbed her fingers against it.
  "Whats wrong mommy?" The girl then asked.
  "Oh, nothing," she said as she removed her fingers. "Goodnight,"
  As she closed the bedroom door behind her, she couldn't help but feel paranoid. There had to be something going on, but she just couldn't explain it. At first, she thought that each cut was the same size but as she thought about it more, she realized that they were growing slightly bigger. As each cut disappeared, a new one would appear. She thought about seeing a doctor, but she didn't think that they would be able to do anything. All she could do was worry and wonder about her daughter.
  The mother woke up the next morning and waited for her daughter in the kitchen. As usual, her daughter walked out and sat down, ready to eat. Once her mom turned around, she was horrified. There was now one huge scratch that went across her face, even her eye. She froze as she stared down at her daughter. Even little drops of blood went down her face, but are had no reaction and didn't even seem to notice.
  "What's wrong, mommy?"