The letter

I had recently moved into a new apartment. It sold for a very cheap price. I honestly never paid so little for an apartment before, I couldn't help but take the deal. I didn't really bother thinking about why it was so cheap, I just thought that they were desperate or something.
  The first few days there were fine. Nothing odd at all, but then things changed. I would notice that I would loose a lot of things, and I would hear strange laughter outside of my apartment. I tried not to think of it much, but it was still disturbing.
  I started to grow even more worried when the laughter outside my apartment got louder and happened more often. I thought about moving out because of the noise, but I figured that it was the reason they gave me the apartment so cheap. Even with the noise, it was still a great deal.
  One night when I was looking for my wallet that I couldn't find, along with a few other small items that I had lost , I looked under the bed. I was surprised to see a crumbled up piece of paper under it. I grabbed it and unfolded it to see what it was. It was a letter.

  Somebody please get me out of here. I just moved into this apartment that sold really cheap, but now I figured out why. The owner is crazy! Every night I would notice that a few of my things would go missing. There was also the extremely loud laughing every single night! Last night in the apartment next to me I swear I heard screaming and then even more laughing! I don't know what's going on, but something is definitely wrong! Right now I hear even more crazy laughter! Is he coming for me? What's going on? Oh my god is he knocking on the door? He's knocking on the door! He hadn't stopped laughing! He sounds crazy! I'm gonna hide this letter, I don't know what's going to happen, but please whoever is reading this just get out of this hell NOW!

                                     -Jerry Parks

I was shocked once I read this letter. It seemed like he was experiencing the same things that I am, but what was he talking about with the screams and someone knocking on his door. I don't know why, but I felt like I heard the name Jerry Parks before. I felt like it was on the news but I just couldn't remember why...
  I then heard a knock on my door, along with crazed laughter.