The incomplete puzzle

This damn puzzle is still left incomplete. I have found several pieces, but that's not enough. I can't put the whole puzzle together without all the pieces. It's common sense yet people try to tell me that it's not worth it.
  With each puzzle piece that find I prove that I can solve this puzzle after all, even if it seems like an insignificant piece compared to the others. That doesn't matter. People can think what they want. I know I'm not wasting my time.
  Let's just say this isn't a normal puzzle. I mean obviously someone wouldn't act like this over a normal puzzle, right? Well that's because this is a much more bizarre puzzle. And it isn't the first puzzle I've had to solve.
   The first puzzle piece was found in a lake on the edge of a wooded area, it was a leg. The second puzzle piece was found in a dumpster nearly one hundred miles away from the first piece. This was a human torso. The DNA showed that this was a make, and the leg and the torso were a part of one puzzle. One human male. The third was found simply behind a bush, barley hidden. This was an arm. Forth was a small piece, but still a piece nonetheless. It was some human hair that matched with the victim. It was found within an abandoned car.
  Many have told me that it wasn't worth it. We already knew who the victim was. But that wasn't enough for me. I needed the rest, especially the head. I needed to do this for the family's sake. They deserved more than random pieces of what used to be their loved one. Also, these clues would lead me to the murderer. It just had to.
  Now in most cases, detectives like me would be more considered. But the others were too lazy to care. The case was becoming less relevant and they wanted a case that would get more media attention. I never cared for that. All I wanted was to solve a crime in anyway possible. I guess some people just care too much about money and fame more then helping people in grief.
  So I continued my search. This lead me to the fifth puzzle piece. I found more of the victim's hair and a hand. It was the victim's left hand, but it didn't include the rest of the arm like the right one did. This body wasn't just dismembered, it was mangled. This was strange to me because it almost seemed more like some kind of animal instead of a human. But that couldn't be. The parts were scattered miles away from each other. It was obvious that a human had to be moving these parts with a strong grip, and they needed up to have a way around in order to scatter the parts in the first place. I thought that maybe the murderer used an attack dog or had some sort of animal torture the victim, but once I finally found the victim's head I knew this had to be something else.
  There was deep claw marks dug into the face of the victim, but it didn't look exactly like an animal's claw marks. It seemed more like nails, but it wasn't that either since there were no signs of nails being anywhere near the victim. The bite mark on top of his head is what really got me. The size of the bite was of that of a human, but the teeth marks clearly were not. I thought this puzzle was finally going to be complete, but clearly not. This was more then a murder. This was some kind of...animal? Or a human? Some kind of hybrid? It was something different, I'll tell you that much. This puzzle is now way more complicated. Until I complete this puzzle, who knows what else could happen.