Hangman

He opened his eyes and realized that he wasn't in the safety of his home. He was tied up by his hands, and couldn't move. He looked around his surrounding, hoping he would find some way to escape. There were no windows, just a single lightbulb that hung above him. It was the only light he had in the dark room. He could not see much, except for the chalk board in front of him. The rest of the room was pitch black, because of the light bulb only emitted a small amount of light. He froze when we heard footsteps approaching him. He saw nothing, until he saw a man with a white mask on standing in front of the chalk board. The mask had a small crack in it, but was otherwise just white.
  The man in the mask took out a pistol and pointed it at him.
  "Here's what's going to happen...we're going to play a game of hangman. If you don't follow the rules, then I will shoot you on the spot. Now, in order to start the game, I will need you to put your head through that rope you see in front you," the masked man instructed.
  In front of the poor victim, was the rope tight up with a huge knot. It was ready to hang someone. The victim had no choice but to obey the masked man. He stuck his head through the loop of the rope.
  "Good. Now here's how the game works; I have a nice game of hangman on this chalkboard you see here. Now obviously you've played hangman before, but this time it has more stakes, which makes it all the more fun! Your going to have to guess the letters that will spell out the phrase the have here. As you can see, it has words. The first word had three letters, the second has four letters, and the third has three letters. You will keep guessing the letters that belong in the phrase. If you get a letter or letters correct, I will add it to the phrase. However, if you guess a letter incorrectly, then I will add a body part to the stick figure. If you lose and I draw an entire stick figure, then you will be hung. If you win, I will free you. Do you understand the rules?"
  The man nodded his head, too terrified to say words.
  "Perfect! Let's begin!"
  The man gulped before guessing his first letter. He knew it was life or death.
  "A.." The man said hesitantly.
  The masked man didn't say a word. He simply write down the letter on the chalk board.

_ _ _  _ a _ _  _ _ _

He had guessed one letter correct. He sighed as he thought of letters that were very commonly used.
  "E..."
  The man froze when he saw the asked man make a circle, the head of the hangman. Shit...
  "I..."

_ _ _  _ a _ _  _ i _

He guessed another one correct, but he only had two letters. The stakes were too high, he couldn't keep the game going this slow, it was too much
  "U.."

_ _ u  _ a _ _  _ i _

  He was beginning to feel a little better. He only had one letter wrong, and he had one letter in each word. It wouldn't be much longer until he would get the phrase right. He tried to remain calm as he thought of the next letter.
  "S.."
  The masked man added a line as the body to the hangman. He had two letters wrong. If he got four more wrong, then he would lose the game. His heart began to pound intensely as he thought of the next letter.
  "R..."
  The masked man added an arm. The man began to sweat. He could only get three more wrong. It was getting too intense.
  "N.."

_ _ u   _ a n _  _ i n

Two letters! There were two n's! He thought carefully about what the phrase could be, but he knew it was too early to guess. He was still clueless. He had no choice but to continue choosing the letters one by one.
"F..."
  The masked man added another arm.
  "You only have two legs left...I'd be careful if I was you..." The masked man warned. The sound of the chalk scraping against the board every time the masked man wrote sent shivers down the man's spine. He wanted the torture to end.
  "H..."
  A leg was added. He could only get one more wrong, then he would lose. He still had no idea what the phrase was, and he was so close to death.
  "C..." The man stuttered, praying that the letter wasn't wrong. The masked man waited a moment, before writing on the chalk board.

_ _ u   c a n _  _ i n

He had another letter correct. The man took a deep breath, before guessing again.
"K..."
  The masked man kicked the chair from underneath the man, hanging him. He chocked desperately for air, as the rope swung back and fourth. Eventually, the man's body went limp and stopped moving.
  "Wrong answer. You lose,"
  Can you guess what the phrase was?

_ _ u

c a n _

_ i n