Haunted house

It was Halloween night. All of the children were out trick or treating. Most adults were dressed up as well, going out drinking and partying with friends. The night was slightly chilly, and the dark sky was only lighted by the moon and Halloween decorations that covered the houses all along the streets. Children were excited to go to each house to retrieve their treats. Well, almost every house.
  It was a classic horror cliche, but it didn't make it any less scary to the children. There was a supposedly haunted house in the town. It had been abandoned for years. If anybody actually wanted to scare themselves, they would go in with a group of friends. There was safety in numbers. Many of the children thought that it was fake since many children came out of the house and were able to tell their school friends about it. It was simply an old, abandoned house.
  That's at least how everyone saw it until one night one child decided to go in alone. All of the kids said it was nothing, so he figured he'd have nothing to lose. He even thought that it was possible to find something cool inside of the house that he could take home. He loved going on adventures, so instead of trick or treating, he was going to be exploring the house to see what was really going on inside it.
  Once his parents dropped him off at a friend's house to go trick or treating, he snuck off and headed straight towards the house. He still held his plastic pumpkin in his hand. He felt nervous, but he knew he had to get past it. Once he made it to the door, he first knocked just in case he made it to the wrong house. He didn't want to accident barge into someone's home. Once he realized no one was home, he slowly opened the door. It creaked as he continued pushing the door, looking inside the building.
  It was definitely abandoned. There were dust covered shelves with weird figurines sitting on them. They were all of children with tears painted onto the fading face. There was on couch in the living room, but it was dust covered and was ripped in several places. The wooden floor creaked with each step, and barley appeared to be sturdy. There was also a small stair case that lead to a single room up stairs. Several of the stairs were missing, and others were close to falling apart.
  The boy walked inside, closing the door behind him. He was happy that he had brought a face night, since there were no lights inside. Only a broken lamp sat next to the couch. He slowly wandered around, shining his flashlight in several areas. At the end of the living room was a small door that appeared to belong to a closet. Once it was opened, he realized there was just a small kitchen inside. There weren't even any bathrooms in the house. It was simply a giant living room, a tiny kitchen, and a mysterious bedroom upstairs. At least, he was thinking it had to be a bedroom.
  He walked inside of the kitchen and was overwhelmed with an unbearable scent. He covered his nose and opened the refrigerator door. The smell grew worse once it was opened, revealing all kinds of spoiled food. Who knows how long it had been there. He quickly slammed the door shut and left the kitchen, hoping to get away from the smell.
  Getting bored and disgusted, he began to think about leaving. As he approached the door, he decided to stop himself. He turned around and looked up the staircase to the closed door. He didn't know why, but he was just so curious about what could be inside the room. There were only three rooms in the big house, so he knew he had to go check it out.
  He turned around and tried to slowly make his way up the stairs. The first step was actually pretty sturdy, along with the second one. The third stair was gone, so he lifted his leg higher to the fourth step. Once he got his first foot on it, he felt it start to give weigh. He quickly moved his second foot to the step while his other foot swiftly landed on the fifth step. Luckily, this one wasn't exactly sturdy,  but it could withstand his weight. He was just a young boy, after all. The next two steps were missing, so he jumped and reached out his arms, grabbing on to the eighth step. He felt it start to creak, so he climbed into the step and walked up the last three steps, which were actually sturdy.
  Once he actually made it, he sighed with relief. He was just so curious about what could be in the room. He knew there was a possibility of there being nothing exciting inside, but he just had to find out so that he would know.
  He grabbed the door knob and turned it. It wasn't locked, so he then pushed the door open. There was a strange figure sitting in the middle of the floor. It was hunched over in the empty, dark room. The boy tried to slowly back away before the figure turned around. It was now face to face with him. He stared into the white eyes, as he began to shake. It smiled, showing its yellow, sharp teeth.
  "You shouldn't have came alone," it smiled.